MICA 2019 – Located in Ahmedabad, Mudra Institute of Communications is an institute where excellence meets education. Institute focusses chiefly on creating industry leaders in the field of Strategic Marketing and Communication. Courses offered at the institute include 3 Residential Programmes – Post Graduate Diploma in Management Communication PGDM-C, CCC – Crafting Creative Communication as well as Fellowship Programme in Management – Communication. The admission to the said courses will be done on the basis of the combined score of XAT/GMAT/CAT exam and the MICA 2019 exam (Computer Based Test).
The MICA 2019 exam will be conducted twice and the better scores from the two will be considered. Students can choose to appear for MICA – 1 or MICA – 2 or both. Candidates can register themselves for these courses on the official website of MICA from the 4th week of September 2019. After MICA 2019, qualified students will be called for the GE and PI rounds. Students have to qualify in the GE and PI rounds separately. The result will be announced soon after the MICA 2019 exam. Make sure to check the information on this page to understand more about the exam, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, fee structure for the said courses at MUDRA Institute of Communications.
MICA Admission 2019
The students are informed that only the scores for CAT, XAT or GMAT will be considered for MICA 2019. Before 2012, MICA used to accept the scores of other exams such as MAT/CMAT/ATMA. But, these scores are no longer accepted by the Mudra Institute of Communications. Thus the candidate who are looking forward to taking admission in the PGDM-C, CCC and Fellowship programme in Management courses should only appear for the CAT/XAT or GMAT exam. Also, have a look at the below mentioned important dates for the MICA 2019 exam.
Tentative Dates for MICA Admission 2019
|MICA Admission 2019 Events||Important Dates|
|Registration Opens for Aspirants||4th week of Sept 2018|
|Last Date to Register Yourself||4th Week of Nov 2018|
|Availability of Call Letter||2nd Week of Dec 2018|
|MICAT – 1||3rd Week of Dec 2018|
|Availability of MICAT – 1 Score||1st Week of Jan 2019|
|Registration begins for MICAT – 2||1st Week of Jan 2019|
|Last Date to Register Yourself for MiCAT – 2||1st Week of Feb 2019|
|Availability of MICAT – 2 Call Letter||2nd Week of Feb 2019|
|MICAT – 2 Exam Date||3rd Week of Feb 2019|
|Availability of MICAT – 2 Score||4th Week of Feb 2019|
|Announcemnet of Shortlisted Candidates For GE-PI||1st Week of Mar 2019|
|GE – PI Round for Delhi and Kolkata||2nd Week of Mar 2019|
|GE – PI Round for MICA, Ahmedabad||2nd Week of Mar 2019|
|GE – PI Round for Bangalore and Mumbai||3rd Week of Mar 2019|
|Announcement of Final Result||3rd Week of Mar 2019|
Check the links for Important Exams for MICA Admission 2019 Here.
Course At Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad
Those students who want to study at the Mudra Institute may have a look at the below-mentioned courses that a student can pursue on the basis of the Marks in the CAT/XAT and GMAT scores.
Post Graduate Diploma in Management and Communications
PGDM – C is considered equivalent to MBA in the country. The programme is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) since 1995 and the Association of Indian University (AIU). The course provides future business leaders the right education to become creative thinkers with a focus on consumer centricity with communication and community outreach.
Crafting Creative Communication
It is a one year Post Graduate Certificate programme that focusses on helping the students become ideators. Though this course the students will get a knack for thinking big while making the student’s team players and highly creative.
Fellowship Programme in Management
The Fellowship Programme in Management is an AICTEapprovedd programme that deals with the application of fundamental and Applied research in the domain of Marketing and communications. Students can get the complete details about the programme from the oofficialwebsite.
MICA Admission 2019 Fee Structure And Scholarship
The aspirants can check out the fee structure for the courses that we just discussed and also check the scholarship schemes for these courses at the Mudra Institute of Communications.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management and Communication
Fee Structure – The fee for the 2 Year Course is Rs 16,50, 000. (approx). The fee includes the tuition fee, residential charges etc.
- Fellowship Programme in Management
Fee Structure – Fee to be Paid with the FPM Application Form – Rs 2475/-
The fee to be paid with Acceptance of the Admission Letter – Rs 25,000
Candidates will get a refund of Rs 15,000 after the completion of the 1st year at MICA and Rs 5000 After the students successfully complete the whole fellowship programme.
Financial Support For the Students – Students except the sponsored students will get the Fellowship and Contingency allowance. The students will get a per month stipend of Rs 25000, 27000 and 30000 Per month for 1ST 2ND AND 3rd year. In addition to the stipend, the students will also get Rs 25000 for the 1st year and Rs 3000 for the second and final year for the academic expenses that include expenses such a Study material, books, travel, data collection expenses, thesis expenses etc
- Crafting Creative Communication
Tuition Fees: Rs.3,25,000/- Boarding and Lodging: Rs.1,65,200/- Alumni membership: Rs.5,000/- Caution Deposit: Rs.10,000/- Other academic and administrative costs (this includes study material, internet connectivity, medical and personal accident insurance, library fees etc.): Rs.1,16,200/- Total cost of the programme: Rs.7,12,360/-. Service Tax will be charged extra.
|Type of Fee Charged For CCC Programme||Amount|
|Tution fee to be paid by the students||Rs 3,25,000/-|
|Boarding and Lodging Fee||Rs 1,65,000/-|
|Alumni Membership Fee||Rs 5000/-|
|Caution Deposit||Rs 10,000/-|
|Other Academic and Administrative Costs*||Rs 1,16,200/-|
|Total Cost of the CCC Course||Rs 7,12,360/-|
* This fee includes the internet study material, insurance (Medical and Personal), library fee etc.
At MICA, 11 scholarships are awarded to the students which are divided among the three courses as follows
|Name of the Course||Number of Scholarships|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management and Communications – 1st Year||5|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management and Communications – 2nd Year||5|
|Crafting Creative Communication Programme||1|
Scholarships benefit the students pursuing the 2-year flagship programme PGDM -C and 1 Year Crafting Creative Communication (CCC) programme. Scholarships shall be awarded on the basis of the studnets performance and the family income. Candidates can check the criterion for p availing scholarship at MICA from below.
- Family Income Not Exceeding 5 Lakh
- Tax returns and Bank Statements of the Previous Year.
- Family Background
- Other Achievements by the students
- Academic Performance of the students
- Class attendance Record
MICA Admission 2019 Eligibility Criteria
For taking admission in the 3 courses and filling the Application form the students must make sure that they match the Eligibility Criteria as laid down by the Mudra Institute of Communication
Post Graduate Diploma in Management and Communications
- The students need to have completed Graduation Level of Education in any discipline following the 10+2+3 pattern
- Candidates must have completed the graduation through a University Recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Students who’d be in the final year of their graduation will also be able to apply for the course.
Fellowship Programme in Management
- Candidates also need to have completed 10+2 level of Education from a recognized board.
- Students must have also completed 3 years Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education approved by UGC/AIU/AICTE.
- The students must have also done completed a Post Graduate degree approved by UGC/AIU/AICTE.
- Candidates must have scored at least 55% marks in any of the – Communication, Management/ Humanities/Social Science fields.
- Students having exposure to Marketing, Media, Advertising, PR or Journalism shall get an extra advantage.
- Foreign Nationals having an NRI with non-Indian degrees that are considered equivalent by the AIU/UGC or AICTE are also eligible to apply for the same.
MICA Admission 2019 Selection Criteria
Selection Process for Post Graduate Diploma in Management and Communications
To study the PGDM-C course at Mudra Institute of Communication the following selection criteria has to be followed.
- First, the students have to appear for any of the CAT/XAT/GMAT exams
- Next, the students need to appear for the Mudra Institute’s admission Test i.e MICA 2019
Shortlisting the candidates for the GE and PI sessions
The candidates can check out the below selection criteria/ shortlisting criteria for the GE and PI rounds.
- Candidates need to first clear the Psychometric Test. This test is used as a part of the selection process that involves accessing the ability of the studnets in some specific skills.
- Those students who will clear the Psychometric Test will have their CAT/GMAT/XAT scores evaluated by the Institute. This subjects to the minimum percentile in the CAT/XAT or GMAT score.
- After the students are evaluated on the basis of the above criteria, the further evaluation shall be done on the basis of the marks scored by the students in MICA 2019 exam. This subjects to the marks scored in each of the section such as Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, General Awareness and Divergent and Convergent Thinking.
- On the basis of the student’s performance in the CAT/GMAT/XAT and MICA 2019 exam, the descriptive test given by the students will be evaluated.
- Those studnets who will qualify each evaluation criteria mentioned above will be promoted to the GE and PI rounds. The shortlisting shall be done on the basis of the MICA – 1, MICA – 2 or the best of two if the student has appeared for both and the marks scored by him in the CAT/GMAT/XAT exam. Weightage – 50% weightage is given to the CAT/XAT/GMAT score and 50% weightage is for the MICA 2019 exam.
GE and PI
The candidates shortlisted after getting evaluated will be promoted for the GE and PI rounds. After the GE and PI round is conducted, the institute begins preparing the merit list for the admissions. Check the information below to understand more about the final selection.
- A merit list shall be prepared by the Institute on the basis of the following conditions.
- Recommendation by the panel members of PI.
- The students must score 3.5 or more on a 5 point scale of the GE.
- The students must also score at least 4 or above points on a 5 point scale in the Personal Interview (PI) round.
After the students qualify the above pointers they will be given a Final composite score which is calculated on the basis of the below weighatge.
- CAT/GMAT/XAT – 20%
- MICA 2019 – 30%
- GE – 20%
- PI – 30%
MICA Admission 2019 Application Form
The application form will be available in __ and the students will have to register themselves before the last date. The MICA exam is conducted twice and the students will have to do separate registrations for both. Important details such as the Personal Information of the students, the academic details, and work experience if any and more will be included in the application form. Make sure to keep the required documents handy before filling the application form. After filling out the application forms, the students will have to deposit the MICA 2019 Application fee. The fee can be paid in the online mode on the official website through the gateway using the Debit Cards, Credit cards or Demand Draft. Studnets should also keep a separate copy of the payment receipt for future reference.
MICA Admission 2019 Admit Card
The admit card will be available in the online mode only and the students will get to download the same using the MICA ID and Password generated at the time of registration. The students will get some crucial detals of the candidates and the exam details are mentioned in the admit card. Also, the details of the exam centre will also be available on the MICA 2019 Admit Card. All this important information makes the Admit Card very crucial to be carried on the exam day. Candidates not having the admit card will not get to appear for the exam. Also, any of the Photo ID proof such as the Adhar Card, Voter ID card etc must be brought along with the MICA 2019 Admit Card on the exam day.
Students can check the Key Highlights of MICA throught 2012-2017 from thee table below.
|Number of Students opted Out||–||2||–|
|Number of Students Placed||–||158|
|Number of Participating Companies||–||73||56|
|Number of PPO’s/PPI’s offered by companies||28||43||–||–|
|Avg Salary||Rs 9 L.P.A||Rs 11.37 L.P.A||Rs 11.60 L.P.A||Rs 59,630|
|Median Salary||–||–||Rs 10.50 L.P.A||Rs 50,000/-|
|Highest Salary||23 L.P.A||Rs 24 L.P.A||Rs 25.5 L.P.A||Rs INR 2.4 lakhs|