MICAT 2020 Preparation – For the scoring good in the MICAT 2020 Exam, candidates must start preparing for it as soon as possible. The MICAT 2020 exam consists of General Aptitude, Descriptive test, and Psychometric test. If you are already preparing for CAT, XAT, IIF, etc, then General aptitude may be easy for you. Thus, it will require only revision. Also, the descriptive and Psychometric part is a bit tricky. So Candidates need to put the focus on Essay writing and story writing. However, practicing the creative writing part daily can increase your descriptive test preparation. Candidates can appear for MICAT twice a year i.e in Dec and Feb. The detailed MICAT preparation tips, exam strategy, best books and how to Prepare for MICAT 2020 are given below in this article.
How to Prepare for MICAT 2020?
Every candidate wishes to score well in their exams but some do well and some do not. The reason behind not scoring well is the lack of preparation. So this time all the candidates appearing for MICAT must follow some easy tips and tricks given below :
- Make a study plan: All the candidates are advised to make a time table or a task table as per their convenience and surely stick to it.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses: Mostly, we all are unaware of our strengths and weaknesses. So, I would like to recommend all the candidates to just evaluate yourself. After that, make points about what are your strengths and weaknesses. Try to avoid the study pattern and strategy which includes your weaknesses.
- Use a few books but of good Quality: Sometimes students use a lot of books and end up in confusion. Therefore, choose the one book per subject and revise that book only.
- Planning: When you plan things, it tends to make things possible. Plan your full day, Plan your study, plan your breaks.
- Read the Questions very carefully: Candidates must read the question as well as all the Answers very carefully at the time of the examination
- Time management: Managing your time will lead you to score more in your exam. Managing time means, try to give the required amount of time to each question. Therefore, practice answering questions with a stopwatch. Set the time needed to solve a particular question and practice accordingly.
- Start from scratch: Some students have a misconception of practising Tough and complex questions first. Try not to do that. The best thing is to start solving questions from the beginning. If the basics are clear, you can solve any complex question.
- Revision: All the Candidates are advised to revise the formulas, important topics for essay writing, Writing pattern for the descriptive text, etc.
- Know the relevant Formulas used: There is no need for learning an excessive amount of formulas. As a result, It will create more confusion.
- Practice: Candidates must practice as much as you can. Try to solve the previous question paper of MICAT 2020.
MICAT 2020 Preparation tips for Descriptive Test
The descriptive test of MICAT 2020 consists of two Parts i.e essay writing and storywriting. So, candidates need to focus on their creative writing skills for scoring good in this section. Candidates must read and write about general topics. Make a daily routine to write a short abstract story. Show your work to someone who can analyze your performance. Candidates must follow the following tips regarding creative writing.
- In Essay Writing there will be 3 questions interrelated to each other. Candidates must read the question very carefully.
- For the first 2 Questions, Candidates have to write a few points each to support and counter the topic.
- For the third question, Candidates have to draft a write-up of almost 300 words in detail on the given topic
- Candidates must practice by reading blogs, books, novels, Magazines, newspapers, etc.
- Make a routine to write about a topic daily. You can choose topics by searching on the internet.
- the topic must be regarding Psychology, Philosophy, History, Abstract views, Politics, Environment, Business, etc.
The question arises, What if you don’t know anything about the topic?
Usually, this case occurs when the candidate is underprepared. Therefore, the simplest trick to handle this situation is to talk a deep breath and analyze the question 2-3 times. There will be some information in the question itself. Figure out that single information available in the question and relate to other things. Frame some points that you’ll be mentioning in your essay.
Note: While preparing, make sure this situation doesn’t occur. Therefore, practice the topics in a versatile manner. In which you can almost cover all the general topics.
- In Story Writing there will be a single question. In which 4 pictures will be given.
- Candidate needs to narrate a story with the help of that 4 pictures.
- Practice a random set of 4 pictures daily and show it to someone for genuine feedback.
- If you don’t read, you can’t write. Therefore, try to read as much as possible.
- Know the pattern of Story writing
- Firstly, frame the storyline in your head and write down the main points in a rough sheet.
- The first paragraph should be catchy and interesting.
- Also, there should be a relevant message in the story.
- Try to combine the dots which will lead to the making of the meaningful story.
- In the end, conclude the story.
MICAT 2020 Preparation Tips for Psychometric Test
In the Psychometric test, the moral values, strengths, weaknesses, and personality of the candidate are being tested. Following are the tips to score well in this section:
- Answer all the questions honestly.
- Think widely while reading the question and answer the question with an open mind
- There is no right or wrong answer, All the answers must be answered Ethically and morally right.
- An example of Psychometric question is-
Q1. My goals in life are clear.
- Strongly Disagree
- Strongly Agree
For the above Question, you need to enter the answer as per your beliefs. However, the answer should be 5th option Strongly Agree. Also, it’s up to you if you don’t agree with the statement then you must choose the appropriate option.
Refer the following books for preparation:
MICAT 2020 Preparation tips for General Aptitude
General Aptitude consists of the following parts:
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
- General Awareness
- Divergent & Convergent thinking
Verbal Ability Preparation Tips
- Solve at least 4 passages in a day for reading comprehension
- Read newspapers like The Hindu, The Indian Express, Financial Express, Mint, The Business line as they have very rich content. Also, see the sentence construction and flow as well.
- Learn Few new words daily and try to make use of them in day to day life.
- One of the sections which are really confusing is Jumble words, try to practice them a lot.
- Practice Synonyms and Antonyms.
Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation Preparation Tips
In this section, candidates need to practice the numerical ability questions. For this particular section, candidates must have their basics clear. However, if the concepts are clear any difficult/complex question can be solved easily. Keep the following tips in your mind while preparing for this section:
- Practice the sample papers and mock tests online.
- Write down the relevant formulas on a separate page. Also, stick that page on the wall or somewhere you can easily view it.
- Analyze your week topics and work more on those topics/subjects.
- Solve questions in a versatile manner. Don’t stick to the same type of questions.
- One main tip, learn the tables up to 25, squares-cubes up to 30 and square roots up to 20. However, learning this will ease your calculation part.
General Awareness Preparation Tips
To prepare for General Awareness, Candidates must be socially active and must have knowledge about current affairs. Reading and watching News daily plays an important role in MICAT 2020 Preparation. The following are some tips to increase your General knowledge.
- Firstly know the general topics mentioned in the MICAT 2020 Syllabus and prepare accordingly.
- Watching the news on T.V. consumes a lot of time, so If you are short of time then, get updated on news by apps like Twitter, Inshorts, google news, Feedly, etc.
- Cover all the topics mentioned in the syllabus and find the relevant questions that can be asked.
- Practice the mock tests and previous year question papers.
Divergent & Convergent thinking Preparation Tips
This section has questions based on Logical Reasoning. However, Sometimes they are visual reasoning, puzzle, word association, clue or statement-conclusion. Keep the following tips in mind before starting preparing for this section:
- For solving the logical reasoning, there is is not any specific way.
- Candidates must practice the mock tests and previous papers of MICAT.
- Therefore, Candidates must solve the question in whichever way they find it easy and convenient.
- To excel in this section, a lot of practice is needed as this section is unpredictable.
- So, if you have any problem in solving a question and want to know its short method and trick, you can ask in the comments below.
MICAT Sample Papers
MICA provides sample paper online for the candidate’s practice. All the candidates who are preparing for MICAT 2020 must practice using the sample paper as it will give you a complete idea about the type of questions in MICAT exam, level of difficulty and by evaluating your answers, you will get to know your weakness and strengths. Find the link below for each sample paper and mock test below:
|MICAT 2020 Sample Papers||Links|
|MICAT 2020 Sample Paper 1||Click here|
|MICAT 2020 Sample Paper 2||Click here|
|MICAT 2020 Sample Paper 3||Click here|
MICAT 2020 Mock Test: Also, MICAT offficial mock test is available online. Appearing for the mock test shall make you familiar with the computer-based test and also improve your time management. Click in the button given below for attempting MICAT mock test.
MICAT 2020 Exam Pattern
It is a Computer-based online test having 3 sections that are divided into 6 parts. However, the maximum time allotted is 2 hrs 45 mins for solving 154 questions. The following is the MICAT 2020 exam pattern. The candidates must divide the time according to the exam pattern.
|Parts||No. of Questions|
|Logical Reasoning||25 – 27|
|Analytical and Verbal Ability||25|
Marking Scheme: 1 mark for each correct answer. Also, 0.25 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
MICAT 2020 Syllabus
Before starting preparation candidates must look into the syllabus for MICAT 2020. The MICAT 2020 syllabus includes mainly 3 sections i.e. Quantitative and reasoning part, Psychometric Test. Descriptive Part. The following is the syllabus in the tabular form.
|General Aptitude||Descriptive Test||Psychometric Test|
|-Verbal ability |
-Quantitative ability & data interpretation
-Divergent & convergent thinking
|MCQ’s based on|
MICAT 2020 Books
Books play a vital role when it comes to the preparation of the exam. Therefore, Candidates must refer to the books which suit them the best. However, sometimes candidates end up selecting an ample amount of books which as a result create more confusion. As it is said, “go for quality, not quantity”. Similarly, choose books that possess all the material required for the preparation. Also for more MICAT 2020 Books section-wise, click on the link mentioned. For the MICAT 2020 examination, few books are mentioned below as per the syllabus.
|MICAT 2020 Books||Author||Buy Here|
|Psychometric Tests For Dummies||Liam Healy||Click Here to buy|
|Verbal Ability||Verbal Ability||Click Here to buy|
|Logical Ability||R.S.Aggarwal||Click Here to buy|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Arun Sharma||Click here to buy|
About MICAT 2020
Mudra Institute of Communications Admission Test (MICAT) is a university-level test which is conducted by MICA. It is a Computer Based Test (CBT). The test duration is 2hs 45 mins and candidates have to solve 145 questions. Some of the questions are MCQs while some are based on Creative writing. Each candidate who applies to MICA with a management test like CAT, XAT, GMAT will be called for MICAT. Candidates clearing MICAT 2020 will get admission in the PGDM courses.
Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA ), Ahmedabad was established in 1991. Also, it is the only institute in India, which is dedicated to creating leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication. MICA is India’s premier business management institute offering Post Graduate Diploma in management courses.