NIRF Ranking 2018 MBA – National Institutional Ranking Framework has released NIRF Ranking 2018 Management. This list contains Top 50 management colleges in India.
The full form of NIRF is National Institutional Ranking Framework which was approved by the MHRD and launched by Honourable Minister of Human Resource Development on September 29, 2015.
The HRD Minister released the NIRF Ranking 2018 MBA online on nirfindia.org in 09 categories including Engineering, Colleges, Management, Pharmacy, Medical, Architecture, Law, Universities and Overall. In NIRF Ranking 2018 Management, IIM Ahmedabad has been ranked number 1 management college.
This NIRF Ranking is a way for the students to analyze which are the Top MBA Colleges they should be setting their goal for. These colleges provide information such as the number of faculty members, placement status, number of students registered for higher studies, to NIRF for the purpose of generating a ranking. Check more details about the NIRF Ranking 2018 MBA from this page.
NIRF Ranking 2018 MBA: Top 10 Management Colleges In India As Per NIRF Ranking 2018 MBA
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad [IIM A]
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore [IIM B]
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta [IIM C]
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow [IIM L]
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay – Management School [IIT B]
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode [IIM K]
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur- Management School [IIT KGP]
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi – Management School [IIT D]
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee- Management School [IIT R]
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute [XLRI]
Did You Know?
This is the Third Edition of the NIRF Ranking. For the year 2018, more than 487 management institutions participated in the ranking process.
NIRF Ranking 2018 MBA: Why are these colleges in NIRF Ranking 2018 MBA List?
The parameters as per which the NIRF Ranking is decided is, are as follows:
1. Teaching, Learning & Resources
- Student Strength including Doctoral Students
- Faculty-student ratio with emphasis on permanent faculty (FSR)
- Combined metric for Faculty with PhD (or equivalent) and Experience (FQE)
- Total Budget and Its Utilisation: (CBTU)
2. Research and Professional Practice
- Combined metric for Publications (PU)
- Combined metric for Quality of Publications (QP)
- IPR and Patents: Filed, Published, Granted and Licensed (IPR)
- Footprint of Projects and Professional Practice And Executive Development Programs (FPPP)
3. Graduation Outcomes
- Combined % for Placement, Higher Studies, and Entrepreneurship (GPHE)
- Metric for University Examinations: GUE
- Median Salary
- Metric for Graduating Students Admitted Into Top Universities (GTOP)
- Metric for Number of Ph.D. Students Graduated GPHD
4. Outreach and Inclusivity
- Percent Students from other states/countries (Region Diversity RD)
- Percentage of Women (WF) + (WS) + (WA)
- Economically and Socially Challenged Students (ESCS)
- Facilities for Physically Challenged Students (PCS)
- Peer Perception: Employers and Research Investors (PREMP)
- Peer Perception: Academics (PRACD)
- Public Perception (PRPUB)
- Competitiveness (PRCMP)
NIRF Ranking 2018 MBA: Score Obtained By The Top 10 MBA Colleges
|3||IIM C||West Bengal||77.08|
|4||IIM L||Uttar Pradesh||68.63|
|7||IIT KGP||West Bengal||63.36|
Accreditation v/s Ranking
- The Accreditation is a one time year event (05-year) whereas, the ranking is done yearly.
- Another major difference is that the accreditation gives an absolute grade, however, ranking is relative to the other institutions similarly placed.
However, the question now is that since there is already accreditation, should there be ranking too?
- Since accreditation is a one-time event, the accredited Institutions can slip in their yearly performance.
- With the help of this NIRF Ranking 2018 MBA, the stakeholders can know whether the institution is doing better or worse at the end of each year.
See this ranking as an annual report card to the nation and to the stakeholders on what has been done by the institution in the last one year, on the given performance. Not many institutions have got the accreditation, whereas ranking is open to all. This is the reason why there is both accreditation and ranking.
NIRF Ranking 2018 MBA: Complete List and Analysis
Here we have compared the NIRF Ranking for the past two years. So by this, you can identify which colleges have participated in all the three years and what has been their ranking.
|College Name||NIRF 2018 Ranking||NIRF 2017 Ranking||NIRF 2016 Ranking|
|Indian Institute of Management Bangalore||1||1||1|
|Indian Institute of Management Calcutta||2||3||3|
|Indian Institute of Management Lucknow||3||4||4|
|Indian Institute of Technology Bombay||4||–||–|
|Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode||5||5||–|
|Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur||6||7||–|
|Indian Institute of Technology Delhi||7||6||7|
|Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||8||8||–|
|Xavier Labour Relations Institute||9||9||13|
|Indian Institute of Management Indore||10||10||10|
|Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur||11||11||9|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai||12||12||–|
|Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli||13||13||14|
|Indian Institute of Management Raipur||14||14||18|
|Indian Institute of Management Udaipur||15||15||5|
|Management Development Institute||16||16||11|
|Vellore Institute of Technology||17||17||17|
|S. P. Jain Institute of Management & Research||18||18||15|
|Indian Institute of Management Rohtak||19||19||–|
|Indian Institute of Management Kashipur||20||20|
|Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management||21||21||20|
|Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology||22||22||–|
|Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad||24||24||–|
|Indian Institute of Management Ranchi||25||25||–|
|PSG College of Technology||26||26||–|
|International Management Institute – New Delhi||27||27||07|
|Banaras Hindu University||28||28||–|
|Institute of Rural Management Anand||29||29||–|
|Indian Institute of Foreign Trade||30||30||–|
|Indian Institute of Forest Management||32||32||08|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies -Mumbai||34||34||–|
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||35||35||–|
|Fore School of Management||36||36||23|
|Goa Institute of Management||37||37||–|
|Institute for Financial Management and Research||38||38||–|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development||40||40||–|
|K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research||41||41||–|
|Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology||42||42||41|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida||43||43||26|
|Shanmugha Arts Science Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA)||44||44||–|
|Birla Institute of Management Technology||45||45||–|
|Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research||46||46||–|
|MIT School of Telecom Management||47||47||–|
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management||48||48||–|
|International Management Institute, Kolkata||49||49||12|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship||50||50||30|
After NIRF 2016 Ranking, IIM Ahmedabad did not participated in 2017 and 18 Ranking. The Institute was at rank #2 in 2016 Ranking. The fear of losing the rank can be one of the reason for not participating in the next two year NIRF Ranking.
So who are the gainers and loser in MBA NIRF Ranking 2018?
On the basis of the above table, it is established that the gainers of 2016 have drastically dropped in 2018 and 2017 NIRF Ranking. MBA Institute such as International Management Institute, Kolkata, was ranked 12 in NIRF 2016 Ranking but it drastically dropped to 49 in 2017 and 18 ranking. Another major drop has been of Indian Institute of Forest Management which was ranked number 12 in 20176 ranking but is now on 49th position. So, from this we have created a list of Gainers and Losers which is as follows: