NMAT by GMAC is an entrance exam to get into the leading management institutions of India. Candidates appearing for the exam should prepare for NMAT 2018 seriously. With the hard work and dedication, you will definitely score well in NMAT 2018. The exam will take place from October 04, 2018 and will end on December 17, 2018. Every year approximately 53.56% engineering candidates, 23.72% from other courses, and 11.29% management students prepare for NMAT 2018 and take the exam.
NMAT 2018 Late Registration Open – Apply Now!
Many top institutions that accept NMAT 2018 score. These are Thapar University, Narsee Monjee Institute, IBS Business School, SRM University and much more. First of all, for NMAT 2018 preparation you must know the exam pattern, syllabus. After that, prepare the techniques to cover all the topics included in the examination. You can get more relevant and useful information related to preparation of NMAT by GMAC 2018 from this page below.
NMAT 2018 Exam Analysis
The NMAT examination took place on October 04, 2018. Candidates could able to select the order of the sections according to their convenience.
|Section||Total Questions||Major topics||Difficulty
|Quantitative Ability||48||QA – Major questions from Arithmetic – Percentages, Time & Work, Ratio & Proportion, Profit & Loss||Easy to Moderate||33 to 35 questions with 85-90% accuracy|
|DI – 2/3 sets with 4 questions easy||Easy|
|Language Skills||32||RC 2/3 passages with 4 questions each||Lengthy but Easy to read||26-28 questions with 85-90 % accuracy|
|VA – Fill in the blanks, Para jumbles, Vocabulary based like antonyms/synonyms etc.||Easy to Moderate|
|Logical Reasoning||Data arrangement, Comparison, Input/output, Deductions, Critical reasoning, Blood relationship, Sequence, Venn diagram, Direction Sense, Coding-Decoding||Easy to Moderate||31-33 with 85-90 % accuracy|
|Overall Attempt||76-82 with 85-90 % accuracy|
NMAT 2018 Exam Pattern
Before you start to prepare for NMAT 2018 it is important to know the entire exam pattern. This is going to give you an idea of the sections from which you will be asked questions. Moreover, you will also be able to understand the marking scheme and the time allotted to attempt a particular section.
|Section||No. of Questions||Time Allotted|
|Language Skills||32||22 min.|
|Quantitative Skills||48||60 min.|
|Logical Reasoning||40||38 min.|
With a total number of questions 120 which are required to be attempted in the time duration of maximum 2 hours. For every right answer, 4 marks will be allotted to the applicant. However, there is no procedure of negative marking thus you can attempt all the questions and mark responses that you think are right. The questions asked will be of MCQ type and you have to mark the correct response from the choices given on the screen.
Note: You can move to the next section after the particular section has been completed and reviewed. However, you must keep in mind that the remaining time will not be added in the next section. You will be provided only the time as mentioned in the table above.
NMAT 2018 Syllabus
Once you are aware of the exam pattern, to know the topics from which questions will come is beneficial. You can know the syllabus of NMAT 2018 from below. This is going to help you prepare for NMAT 2018 easily and with more focus. We have provided section wise syllabus with topics that are included in it. You can now start preparing for the exam and work smart to score well in it with the help of this syllabus.The sections have been divided into 5 parts thus making it easier to understand the topics and refining NMAT 2018 preparation.
Best Books to Prepare for NMAT 2018
Before you start your preparation for NMAT 2018, it is good to get access to most recommended books for the exam. These books will be your guide and assist you to score high. Let’s have a look at the best books for NMAT 2018 and grab a copy of it:
To Refer NMAT 2018 Recommended Books, Click Here.
|Book||Grab Your Copy|
|Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by R.S Aggarwal||Get Here|
50 Plus Solved Papers MBA Entrances by Ajay Singh
|Objective General English by R.S Aggarwal||Get Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude For CAT by Arun Sharma||Get Here|
|A Modern Approach To Logical Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal||Get Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examinations by Abhijit Guha||Get Here|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning by Ashok Gupta||Get Here|
Know How to Prepare for NMAT 2018 Section Wise
It is better to prepare for NMAT 2018 section-wise. In this manner, you will not get confused with the topics that you need to cover and also you will get enough time to revise the entire syllabus once completed. Another major benefit is that you will be sorted and know what to study and how to prepare for NMAT 2018 effectively.
- This section is going to contain 32 questions from the topics provided above on this page. The maximum time provided to solve the questions is 22 minutes. This means this section requires speed and accuracy at the same time.
- Your grammar skills are going to play a major role to prepare for NMAT 2018 language skills sections and solving the questions.
- For the part of reading comprehension split the passage into small paragraphs. This will help you gather the information easily and also enhance the vocabulary.
Tips to Master Language Skills Section
- While reading a comprehension or passage, you should mark the important phrases, words and other sentences with relevant information and data. Once you are done, it will be easy to solve the questions related to it. In the exam, you have to make a map of all the information mentally.
- Another part of language skills section is based on vocabulary. You can prepare for NMAT 2018 and enhance your vocabulary by reading editorial section of daily newspapers and magazines. This is going to assist you to improve the contextual usage of words.
- To solve the questions based on synonyms, antonyms and analogies, you must refer books like SP Bakshi, Norman Lewis etc. A well-known website thesaurus.com is also helpful to know the synonyms and meaning of sentences.
- To polish your grammar skills you can refer to ‘High School Grammar’ by Wren & Martin.
You have to attempt 48 questions in 60 minutes which accounts for 1.25 minutes per question. This is sufficient time to solve the questions in this section of NMAT 2018. The list of topics from which questions might be asked in this section is provided above.
Tips to Solve Quantitative Skills
- To score in this section you need to prepare for NMAT 2018 properly.
- You will be required to increase your speed and accuracy to solve nearly 30-35 questions. The time is not a bar in this section but the major concern is that the questions need to be solved manually and it’s a time-consuming process.
- Therefore, you must learn the shortcuts and tricks to solve the questions and learn time management.
- In this section, solving previous year question papers, taking mock tests and sample papers really works.
The section is going to have 40 questions which must be attempted in 38 minutes. To solve the questions you need to have a backward approach. This will help you to reach the answer quickly.
Tips to Gain Expertise in LR
- To get answers to the questions, practicing is the key. Try solving as many questions as possible. With practice, you will be able to identify the questions that could be solved easily and are going to take minimum time. This way attempting maximum number of questions in the given fixed time will be easy.
- Solve similar type of questions in a just one way. This will help you to remember the procedure and thus solving the questions will become easy. While practicing, if you find something difficult take note of it. And revise it until you get hold of it.
In case you have any questions based on how to prepare for NMAT 2018, use the comment section below to reach us.