NMAT 2018 Syllabus – The NMAT exam is about to come in the coming few months. So, aspirants who are preparing for NMAT 2018 must start their preparation with the right syllabus. The syllabus is more or less similar to other management entrance exam results. So, in the NMAT 2018 Syllabus available below, you can filter the topics which are new to you and can start practicing them. The NMAT 2018 Syllabus has all the topics that are expected to come in the exam. All the topics are according to previous year papers trends, as no official syllabus is available on the official website of NMAT. You can refer to their NMAT by GMAC official preparation for mock tests and study material. To download and check the tentative NMAT 2018 Syllabus, read the complete article below.
NMAT 2018 Registration Open – Apply Now!
NMAT 2018 Syllabus
When you refer to the complete NMAT 2018 Syllabus, you will find topics very familiar. The only section a little different is the logical reasoning section. Moreover, you need to practice for the exam according to its difficulty level and exam pattern. The NMAT exam is comparatively easy as compared to CAT, XAT, IIFT etc, you must prepare for it strenuously to get admission in top B-schools of India. Moreover, the exam does not have any negative marking which is a great advantage. The NMIMS is one of the top colleges to get entry through this exam.
Download Syllabus: Click Here to download the NMAT 2018 Syllabus.
NMAT 2018 Exam Pattern
Before checking the syllabus, you must look at the exam pattern of NMAT. It consists of marking scheme, number, and types of questions etc. The detailed exam pattern is available below.
Mode of Examination
- The exam is an online computer-based test.
- Candidates have to complete the test in 120 minutes or 2 hours.
- There is a time limit for each section of the exam.
Number of Questions
- There are total 120 questions in the exam.
- All the questions in the exam are multiple choice questions with 5 options each.
- In total, the paper is divided into three sections.
- Each question carries three marks in the paper.
- The maximum marks for the exam are 360.
- There is no negative marking in this test.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Time Limit||Range of Score|
|Language Skills||32||22 Minutes||0-96|
|Quantitative Skills||48||60 Minutes||0-144|
|Logical Reasoning||40||38 Minutes||0-120|
NMAT 2018 Syllabus – Language Skills
This section has the questions from reading comprehension and verbal ability. You need to have good command in reading, vocabulary, and grammar to get good scores in this section.
- Reading Comprehension
- Language usage and their rules
- Syntax, and correct grammar
- Fill in the blanks
- Para jumbles
- Sentence Correction
- Antonyms & Synonyms
- Sentence Completion
To Refer NMAT 2018 Recommended Books, Click Here.
NMAT 2018 Syllabus – Quantitative Skills
The questions are easy to attempt in this section of the exam if you have properly learned the basics. This way you will learn how to apply a concept to a question. The important topics in this section are written below.
- Algebra (Linear/Quadratic Equation)
- Line graph
- Bar graph
- Pie chart
- 2D and 3 D Geometry, and Statistic
- Modern Math
- Number Systems
- Profit and Loss
- Mixture & Solution/Alligations
- Simple/Compound interest
- Permutations and Combinations
- Coordinate Geometry
- Data Sufficiency
For NMAT 2018 Preparation Tips, Click Here.
NMAT 2018 Syllabus – Logical Reasoning
This section is the combination of critical, verbal and logical reasoning. So, candidates have to practice all the topics to attempt them easily in the paper. The major topics in this section are written below.
- Sitting arrangement
- Direction sense test
- Blood relations
- Decision making
- Arithmetical operations
- Machine input
- Alphanumeric sequence puzzle
- Sequential output tracing
- Logical Venn diagram
- Alphabet test
- Puzzle test
- Mathematical operations
- Eligibility test
- Numbers, ranking & time sequence test
- Logical sequence test
- Situation reaction test
- Inserting the missing characters
- Data Sufficiency
- Verification of truth of the statement
- Assertion and reason
- Rule detection
- Analytical reasoning
- Figure matrix
- Cubes and dice
- Construction of squares and triangles
- Dot situation
- Completion of incomplete pattern
- Spotting out the embedded figures
- Paper folding
- Grouping of identical figures
- Paper cutting
- Deriving conclusion from passages
- Statements and course of action
- Cause and effect reasoning
- Statements and argument
- Drawing inference
- Statements and assumption
- Theme detection
- Statement and Conclusion
- Odd figures or Odd man out
- Sequence and series
- Seating arrangement
If you have any doubts regarding NMAT 2018 Syllabus, please let us know in the comments below.