NMAT 2018 known as NMIMS Management Aptitude Test is conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). It is expected that NMAT 2018 exam date is going to be around the first week of October 2018 to the third week of December 2018. Aspirants looking to get admission in MBA or PGDM or any other graduate management course can give this test on the set NMAT 2018 exam date, accounting that the scores are accepted by the leading management institutions of India.
To get admission in one of the participating colleges, applicants have to apply before the last date of registration and appear for the paper as per NMAT 2018 exam date. It provides various exam slots which can be chosen by the test-taker.
Students who are interested must be aware that the online registration process starts around the month of July. Students should take this test as the NMAT 2018 scores are accepted by more than 17+ management institutes such as Xavier University, MISB Bocconi, Thapar School of Management, SRM University; and this list is increasing. Aspirants are suggested to follow the given below NMAT 2018 exam date schedule and get admission in the desired B-school.
|NMAT 2018||Start date||End date|
|Registration||1st week of July 2018||1st week of Oct 2018|
|Scheduling||1st week of July 2018||3rd week of Oct 2018|
|Late Registration||1st week of Oct 2018||3rd week of Oct 2018|
|Registration Retake||1st week of Oct 2018||2nd week of Dec 2018|
|Rescheduling||1st week of July 2018||2nd week of Dec 2018|
|Retake Scheduling||1st week of Oct 2018||2nd week of Dec 2018|
|Exam||1st week of Oct 2018||3rd week of Dec 2018|
|Result in||3rd week of Jan 2019|
|Score Car Download||4th week of March 2019|
NMAT 2018 Exam Date
Graduate Management Admission Council will decide and announce NMAT 2018 exam date. The exam will be in October, November, December 2018.
The NMAT by GMAC 2018 shall take place over a number of days and weeks. Candidates can first of all schedule NMAT 2018 exam date. Then they can schedule re-takes also, or re-schedule it. Thus, GMAC opens a range of dates for exam and candidates select which date they will take the test.
Technically speaking, the NMAT exam which was recently held was NMAT by GMAC 2018, and the upcoming one is NMAT by GMAC 2019. But usually, candidates refer to the NMAT exam by the year in which they are conducted. Hence you are probably here looking for NMAT 2018 for admission 2019. For this reason, we have referred to the upcoming exam as NMAT 2018.
Note that NMAT 2018, NMAT 2019 refer to the same exam here that is the NMAT by GMAC conducted in 2018 for admission 2019.
NMAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Students are suggested to carefully note the given below pointers to know the eligibility criteria:-
- A candidate who will complete the registration process and pay the fees on time as per the terms and conditions of GMAC are eligible to give the exam.
- Applicants are advised to check the eligibility of each university and college individually in which they plan to apply.
- If students register for the test and then they are found to be ineligible for admission to a specific programme, the test fee is non-refundable.
NMAT 2018 Exam Pattern
Mode of NMAT 2018 Examination
NMAT is a computer-based examination conducted by GMAC. They give a randomly generated test from the question pool to each individual. The number of questions, difficulty levels, and the time limit for each of the sections is predetermined and, under normal administration conditions, are the same regardless of when and where the test is administered. Students can choose the order of section according to themselves.
Number of Questions
According to the exam pattern, the paper is divided into three sections; Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. Each section has fixed number of questions and time limit. There will be total 120 questions in the Objective format to be done in 120 minutes.
|Language Skills,||32||22 min|
|Quantitative Skills||48||60 min|
|Logical Reasoning||40||38 min|
Sectional Time Limit
Students can only attempt one section at a time in the given amount of time. It is highly advised to review your answers before final submission. Once the candidate closes out from a section, it will be considered final submission and no changes can be made.
There isn’t any negative marking in NMAT 2018.
NMAT 2018 Syllabus
The exam is divided into three sections -Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. In the present article, we will discuss each section separately and try to understand the best way to deal with the syllabi to score best in the exam.
- Reading Comprehension
- Jumbled paragraphs,
- Mark the error,
- Fill in the blanks etc.
- Number system,
- HCF and LCM,
- Ratio and Proportion,
- Percentage, Partnership,
- Profit and Losses,
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest,
- Time and Work,
- Time and Distance,
- Data Interpretation,
- Trigonometry etc.
Logical Reasoning – Verbal Reasoning
- Blood relations
- Puzzle test
- Machine input
- Decision making
- Sitting arrangement
- Sequential output tracing
- Direction sense test
- Logical Venn diagram
- Alphabet test
- Alphanumeric sequence puzzle
- Mathematical operations
- Numbers, ranking & time sequence test
- Logical sequence test
- Arithmetical operations
- Inserting the missing characters
- Data Sufficiency
- Eligibility test
- Assertion and reason
- Situation reaction test
- Verification of truth of the statement
Logical Reasoning – Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Analytical reasoning
- Spotting out the embedded figures
- Completion of incomplete pattern
- Figure matrix
- Paper folding
- Paper cutting
- Rule detection
- Grouping of identical figures
- Cubes and dice
- Dot situation
- Construction of squares and triangles
- Statements and course of action
- Statements and assumption
- Cause and effect reasoning
- Statements and argument
- Drawing inference
- Statement and Conclusion
- Deriving conclusion from passages
- Theme detection
- Sequence and series
- Seating arrangement
- Odd figures or Odd man out etc.
Prepare for NMAT 2018 Section-wise
Candidates who are going to take the test on the scheduled NMAT 2018 exam date can prepare for NMAT 2018 exam by following the techniques explained below:
1. NMAT 2018 Language Skills Preparation
Reading comprehension usually takes a lot of time and students prefer to leave such questions in the final examination. You don’t need to leave this section in NMAT 2018 and lose marks, simply follow the given pointers to score well:-
- Buy an updated English Dictionary from the market.
- Read the editorial pages from any leading English Newspaper or Magazine or Book regularly.
- Mark and write down the difficult words and refer your dictionary for the meaning.
- Regular practice will help you build a strong Vocabulary.
- The best way to excel in this section is to focus on reading, this will help you build a strong vocabulary as well as increase your reading speed.This increased reading speed will help you in your Reading Comprehension passage.
- Give mock tests to check your speed and accuracy.
2. NMAT 2018 Quantitative Skills Preparation
A total number of questions asked in this section are 48 and you need to complete this section in 60 minutes. This section of NMAT 2018 is going to consist of Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency and Quantitative Aptitude questions. This section of the paper score completely depends on your practice skills.
The average time allotted to each question is quite less. The technique which may work here is to attempt the easier questions first instead of wasting time. Follow the given pointers to strategize the attempt of this section:-
- Go through the complete QA syllabus of NMAT 2018. Divide the section into Tough and Easy as per your knowledge.
- Allot a certain time period to first complete the easy part, this will give you confidence and motivation to then move to deal with the tough questions.
- Make a sheet which contains all the important formulas and concepts.This will help you at the time of revision.
- Practice questions in the given time. This will help you maintain the speed and accuracy in the final exam.
- Mock tests are highly recommended before giving the paper.
3. NMAT 2018 Logical Reasoning Preparation
A total number of questions asked in this section are 40 to be completed in 38 minutes. This section checks your ability to comprehend the situation with the logic in the given frame of time. LR in NMAT 2018 will also require practice to achieve the best scores.
Logical reasoning tests a student’s mental ability to comprehend a certain given situation. It is often seen that the question papers are dominated by puzzle based questions as they are the best way assess the aspirant’s capabilities.
Given below are some pointers which must be followed by the students to obtain the best of scores in this section:-
- Divide the syllabus as per your understanding of easy or tough.
- Complete the easy topics as soon as possible so that you have time in hand to prepare for the tough topics.
- Reading the question carefully is the key to reasoning.
- It is highly advised that students should not assume anything on their own.
- Logical reasoning questions play with words and that is why focus on the word usage.
- Time given per question is quite less in this section. Students need to work on their speed as well with keeping the accuracy on the mind.
- The best way to achieve a good score in this section is to give mock tests online.
How is NMAT 2018 different from CAT?
Common Admission Test is definitely one of the most sought after entrance test to get a seat in the management based courses. I am sure that you have been asking this question that what is it that makes NMAT different from the CAT?
Let’s compare, shall we?
NMAT 2018 is going to be divided into three sections; Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. 120 questions have to be done in 120 minutes with sectional timing. There is no negative marking in this exam.
The CAT is also divided into three sections; Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. 100 questions in 180 minutes with one-hour sectional timing. Negative marking is applicable in this exam.
Number of attempts
The CAT exam takes place in one day with morning and evening session whereas NMAT 2018 exam provides a window to the students to choose from. A long test window provides you with the convenience of choosing NMAT 2018 exam date.
The applicant can give three attempts within the 75 days window. You have the choice to select the date and time of the test in a real-time mode, based on seat availability at each of the centres.
Registration and other facilities
Unlike CAT registration, NMAT provides you with the benefit to send your scores to five different colleges with the paid registration fee. If you want to add more colleges in the list you can easily do that by paying extra fees as mentioned in the official brochure. The other facilities provided for giving NMAT 2018 are given below:-
- A long testing window allows you to choose a convenient test date.
- The 75-day test window opens the first week of October and extends through the third week of December.
- Select your test appointment date, time and location in real-time based on the availability of seats at each test centre.
- You can choose from 48 available centres.
- View your results and then decide to apply to business school or retake the test depending on your comfort with the results you’ve obtained.
NMAT 2018 Retake and Reschedule
What is Retake and Reschedule?
You can give three attempts within the 75 days window after registering for the exam. A minimum gap of 15 days is required between two attempts. It should be noted that “First come First serve” principle applies to both registration and scheduling.
The earlier one registers and makes payment, the earlier will be able to schedule the test. And the earlier one schedules the test, higher are the chances of getting a preferred date, time and test location.
You can schedule the exam through Schedule/Reschedule exam tab in candidate dashboard available in the NMAT by GMAC account. Also, you can decide to reschedule your test not later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled test, to a different date, time and test centre, subject to availability, by paying an additional fee via online payment.
The point to be noted is that NMAT 2018 exam date cannot be scheduled for the same day. You can schedule the test for any time 24 hours or later.
NMAT 2018 is a Computer-Administered Exam
NMAT is a computer-administered test conducted by GMAC. We have already discussed the exam pattern in detail, now let’s try and understand how to attempt this online objective type paper. There are various small details you need to know before you take this exam. Carefully read the given pointers:-
- You have the freedom to choose the order of section.
- Each of the three sections is individually timed. You need to answer and review the questions of a particular section within the allotted section time.
- Your balance time from one section will not be added to the other section.
- Computer-Based Testing is a method of administering tests at a predetermined testing location in which the responses are electronically recorded, assessed or both.
- User Interface is designed in such a way that it requires minimal computer skills. At the beginning of the test, you will receive a brief introductory tutorial that will instruct you how to use the computer to answer questions and review responses. No typing skills are needed. You will use the computer mouse to highlight and confirm the response selected as each question appears on the screen. An invigilator will always be available to answer questions regarding navigation throughout the duration of the test. A demo test is also offered free on the website for test takers to understand the process before the actual test.
- Students giving exam under Disability Category will be attended as per the rules mentioned by the GMAC.
- The Computer-Based Test is set up in a linear format. In a linear format, you can answer a predetermined number of questions. The NMAT 2018 questions do not become increasingly more difficult based on answers to previous questions.
- You will be able to move forward and backwards throughout the test, bookmark questions for return and review and change answer selections as many times as necessary during the allotted time before clicking the finish and exit button of the test.
NMAT 2018 official website is www.nmat.org.in
Insofar, no official announcement has been made for NMAT 2018 exam date. the information provided here on the basis of NMAT 2017 and for reference purpose only. The details of this exam will be updated once officially announced.