NMIMS Management Aptitude Test 2020 (NMAT 2020) will be conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). It is a national level entrance examination which will be conducted for taking admission in the various management programmes of the NMIMS institutes and other management institutes such as Great Lakes, Alliance University. The registration for NMAT 2020 shall start by the first week of Jul 2020. The NMAT is a different type of test, i.e., in this, you will be allowed to choose the date, time and venue of the test center.
The examination will be held through the online mode. The candidate who will qualify in the examination that will be called for the GD-PI round and personal interview. From this page, the candidate will get the full updates regarding the NMAT 2020 including the Eligibility, Application Form, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Result.
In the NMAT examination, a candidate can give the 3 attempts in the in 75 Days window. In NMAT examination there will be no negative marking. The candidates can check the expected schedule regarding the NMAT 2020 from the table below:
|Events||Events Start Date||Events End Date|
|Registration Date||First week of Jul 2020||First week of Oct 2020|
|Scheduling Date||First week of Jul 2020||03rd week of Oct 2020|
|Late Registration Date||First week of Oct 2020||02nd week of Oct 2020|
|Registration – Retake Date||First week of Oct 2020||02nd week of Dec 2020|
|Re-scheduling Date||First week of Jul 2020||02nd week of Dec 2020|
|Re-take Scheduling Date||First week of Oct 2020||02nd week of Dec 2020|
|Exam Date||First week of Oct 2020||03rd week of Oct 2020|
|Declaration Date of Result||–||3rd week of Jan 2021|
|Score Card||–||Last week of Mar 2021|
NMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates who want the information regarding the Exam Pattern can see the below-mentioned details. The exam pattern is based on the last year details. Most importantly, candidates have the option to choose the order of the sections.
- Mode of Examination- Online (computer-based)
- Duration of Examination- 2 hours. (120 minutes)
- Type of Questions- MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
- Total Number of Questions- 120
- Number Of Sections- 03
- Each question will carry 03 marks.
- There will be no negative marking.
|Section||Number of Questions||Time Limit||Range of Score|
|Language Skills||32||22 Minutes||0-96|
|Quantitative Skills||48||60 Minutes||0-144|
|Logical Reasoning||40||38 Minutes||0-120|
NMAT 2020 Syllabus
For cracking the NMAT 2020 examination candidate need to know the NMAT 2020 Syllabus for the preparation of the examination. GMAC releases the NMAT 2020 syllabus. This below-mentioned syllabus is based on the last year examination syllabus.
- Language Skills- Reading Comprehension, Syntax Correction, Para jumbles, Grammar, Sentence Correction, Antonyms, Fill in the blanks, Idioms, Synonyms, Sentence Completion, Analogies, Language usage.
- Quantitative Skills- Algebra, Arithmetic, Pie chart, Linear/Quadratic Equation, Bar graph, 2D and 3 D Geometry, Trigonometry, Tables, Statistics, Line graph, Modern Math, Number-Systems, Percentage, Ratio/Proportion, Profit and Loss, Average, Time-Speed-Distance, Work/Time, Mixture Allegations, Simple/Compound interest, Mensuration, Probability, Permutations and Combinations, Coordinate Geometry, Data Sufficiency.
- Verbal Reasoning- Classifications, Coding-decoding, Direction sense test, Inequalities, Blood relations, Decision making, Sitting arrangement, Syllogism, Arithmetical operations, Analogy, Alphanumeric sequence puzzle, Sequential output tracing, Machine input, Logical Venn diagram, Alphabet test, Puzzle test, Mathematical operations, Eligibility test, Ranking, Time Sequence Test, Logical sequence test, Situation reaction test, Inserting the missing characters, Data Sufficiency, Verification of truth of the statement, Assertion and reason
NMAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Before giving the examination candidate need to do the planning for the preparation of the examination. NMAT examination consists of different sections like Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning according to these sections, the candidate should prepare for the NMAT 2020 examination.
How To Prepare for NMAT 2020 Examination
- Notes Making- For studying candidate need the study material but in the study material, every topic is given in vast so candidate should make notes for the particular subjects this will help the candidates for the preparation of the exam.
- Time Table- Before the exam, preparation candidate should make the timetable this will help the candidate to make the estimate that which particular subject will take more or less time and from the timetable candidate can occupy the time in an efficient manner.
- Section wise Preparation- Candidate firstly go through the exam pattern before starting the preparation for the examination and candidate should see the details regarding the different section and in which of the section candidate is having more interest should start preparing for that section first. Sectionwise preparations tips are given below-.
1. Quantitative Skills- For the preparation of this section, the candidate needs to practice the question as much as the candidate will do the practice of the questions candidate speed will get increase and will able to solve the questions in an easy way.
2. Logical Reasoning- For the preparation of this section candidate need to learn the different logics for solving the different questions.
3. Language Skills- For the preparation of this section candidate should read the dictionary and should read the grammar books. If the candidate will prepare for this sections in a good way than the candidate can easily score the maximum marks in this section and this section generally takes less time for attempting the questions.
- Mock Test: After the preparation of different section candidate should give the mock test this will help you out for checking your performance and building up your confidence. By giving the mock test candidate can judge itself that it which question or in which subject he/she should need to prepare more. Candidate should give the mock tests at a regular interval this will help the candidate to know that where he/she is lacking.
Important Books For NMAT 2020
Candidate can refer the below-mentioned books for the preparation of the NMAT 2020 examination-
|Important Books||Link to Buy|
NMAT by GMAC Official Guide 2018
MBA Solved Papers (NMAT)
Study Notes Material On NMAT (NARSEE MONJEE) Management Aptitude Test
MBA-NMAT Narsee Monjee
NMAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate should go through the eligibility criteria first before applying for the application form. Only eligible candidates will be allowed for appearing in the examination. If any of the candidates founded ineligible in any of the admission stage than that candidates will be disqualified for the further processes. The below mentioned details are based on the last year details. Candidate can go through the eligibility criteria mentioned below-
- A candidate who is graduated by scoring minimum 50% marks can apply
- A candidate who has given the graduation examination for the last year can also
- There will be no age limit
- Candidate having work experience can also apply
NMAT 2020 Application Form
For appearing in the examination it is necessary for the candidates to register for the examination by filling the application form from the online mode. Candidates need to fill the application form in the correct way and should mention the valid details. After the final submission of the Application Form candidate cannot edit or correct the submitted application form. Application Fee will be non-refundable.
This below-mentioned application fee is based on the last year application fee.
|Early Registration Fee||Rs 2000/- + applicable taxes|
|Late Registration Fee||Rs 2500/- + applicable taxes|
How to Register for NMAT 2020?
Candidate can follow the below mentioned steps for registering themselves-
- Candidate firstly has to visit the official website of NMAT 2020.
- STEP 1: Candidates have to register first to fill the NMAT Application Form. Candidate needs to mention the candidate’s name and contact details for registering themselves. After successful registration of the candidate, the candidate will receive the login details at the registered email id and phone number.
For filling the form candidate need to access the login first.
- Click at a link in which NMAT Application Form is mentioned.
- STEP 2: Application Form Page will get open, mention the asked details (personal, educational and work experience, the list of programmes to send scores). Recheck the details after rechecking click at the submit button.
- STEP 3: Candidate needs to upload the scanned copy of the photo, signature etc. and after uploading click on the submit button.
- STEP 4: Now fee payment page will open candidate can pay the fee by the online mode.
Online Fee Payment- Candidate who will be paying the Fee from the online mode can do the payment by using VISA/Master – Credit & Debit Cards.
NMAT 2020 Admit Card
The candidate who will successfully register the application form for that candidates only admit card will get released at the official site of the NMAT 2020. Once the candidate will pay the fee and schedule the exam, the Admit Card tab will become active. It will be mandatory for the candidates to bring their admit card and one photocopy of the valid ID proof (Adhar Card, Pan Card, Passport, Voter ID Card), Printout of the confirmation letter received over e-mail on the day of the examination.
How to download NMAT Admit Card 2020?
For downloading the admit card candidate can follow the steps given below-
- Firstly visit the official site of the NMAT 2020.
- Access the login by entering and submitting the asked details.
- Click at the link in which NMAT 2020 Admit Card is mentioned.
- Click at the submit button.
- After clicking on the submit button candidate’s admit card page will get open.
- Download option will be there by clicking on the download option candidate can download his/her admit card.
- Take a print of the admit card as it is mandatory for the candidates to bring a hard copy of the admit card on the day of the examination.
NMAT 2020 Examination Center List
Candidate can select the test center according to there preference. Below mentioned test center list is based on the last year test center list.
- Domestic Examination Center List
|North||Agra, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon,
Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Patiala, Varanasi
|West||Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Mumbai, Nagpur,
Nasik, Pune, Pilani, Surat, Vadodara
|South||Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Hyderabad, Manipal, Mysore,
Tiruchirapalli, Vellore, Vizag, Vijayawada
|Central||Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur|
|East||Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata,
Patna, Ranchi, Shillong
- International Examination Test Centers
NMAT 2020 Exam Retake
In NMAT, candidates can give a maximum of 03 attempts within the 75 days test window. Exam Retake fee will be Rs 2000/- (plus applicable taxes). It will be necessary for candidates to maintain a minimum 15 of days gap between two attempts because by giving the exam in a certain time of interval candidate will get the time for examination preparation.
NMAT 2020 Rescheduling
Candidate can schedule the exam through Schedule/Reschedule option which will be given on the official website. Rescheduling Fee will be Rs 1100/- (plus applicable taxes). Candidate can decide to reschedule his/her test not later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled exam. Complete the rescheduling by choosing the exam date, time and test center, by paying an additional fee via online payment.
NMAT 2020 Score Card
Once the exam is over, the exam conducting body will release the scorecard on the official website. As candidates giving the exam, the scorecard will release in the regular time interval. Scorecard usually gets released after the 15 days of the examination. Candidate can access the NMAT login ID to check the result. Final result will release after the completion of 75 days test window.
NMAT 2020 Final Result
Final examination result will get released in the month of January 2021. The final result will contain the scaled scores and the percentile scores for each section. Candidates have to carry the copy of the result during the admission process for attending GDPI round.
NMAT 2020 Selection Process
The candidate who will qualify in the first round will be selected for the 2nd round and the candidate who will qualify all rounds that candidate will be able to take admission in the allotted institute. Selection Process details are given below-
- The candidate who will qualify NMAT 2020 Entrance Examination for that candidate institute will be allotted by GMAC.
- After the allotment of the institutes to the candidates, candidates will be called for the GDIP Round and for the Personal Interview Round at the allotted Institute.