PGCET 2018 Result is going to be made available in the form of a rank list by KEA. The candidates who took the exam will be able to check it most likely in the third week of August 2018. The result is going to be announced on the official website, kea.kar.nic.in, or it could also be accessed from the direct link which is going to be provided on this page. Karnataka PGCET 2018 Result will display the marks obtained by every candidate in the entrance exam. A merit list is going to be displayed thereafter, which will represent the name of applicants who are eligible for PGCET 2018 counselling round. The counselling process is going to be held in few simple steps and it is mandatory to participate in it for admission to the colleges of Karnataka.
PGCET 2018 Result
The candidates after checking PGCET 2018 result must ensure that they also look for merit list issued by KEA to participate in the counselling rounds. Only those candidates will be allowed to take part in the counselling round whose name appears in the merit list. Check the complete schedule for PGCET 2018 result from the below table:
|PGCET 2018 Result||Important Dates|
|PGCET 2018 Exam Date||1st week of Jul 2018|
|Release of Answer Key||3rd week of Jul 2018|
|PGCET 2018 Result will be Declared in||3rd week of Aug 2018|
Check Result: PGCET 2018 Result will be available on the official website: kea.kar.nic.in
How to Check PGCET 2018 Result
The candidates who are waiting for the result need to visit the official website to download it. You have to follow the following steps in order to check your score:
1st Step: Click on the official link that has been provided on this page. You will be redirected to the official website where the result is available.
2nd Step: Click on the appropriate link to access PGCET 2018 result. A new window opens up with showcasing a PDF file which will contain the name of candidates who appeared for the exam, roll number and the marks obtained.
3rd Step: Now find your name in the rank list and your score in the exam. Also, you can download it for future reference.
Details in PGCET 2018 Result
After downloading PGCET 2018 result, the applicants will find the following details in the PDF file which is available as a rank list. You are going to find the following details in it which will be helpful for counselling round:
- Full name of a candidate
- Registration number
- Roll number
- Total Marks
How Tie is Broken in PGCET 2018 Result
When two or more candidates score same marks, in such a conditions tie-breaker is applied. This is an inter-se criterion that KEA implies to award rank:
- A candidate with higher marks in the qualifying marks are considered over the rest
- If the tie is still not resolved, a candidate older in age is given preference
The position in ranklist is then decided on the basis of marks and inter-se merit.
Counselling Process After PGCET 2018 Result
A merit list is going to be prepared by Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) in which the names of shortlisted candidates will appear. All the applicants whose name appears in it, are eligible to participate in the counselling round. The complete schedule of counselling is going to be displayed on the official website after PGCET 2018 result.
- The counselling for PGCET 2018 is going to be held online and you have to follow the below mentioned steps to participate in it:
- You will be required to register online for PGCET 2018 counselling. A help centre is going to be allotted thereafter where you have to report on the time and date as stated.
- Thereafter, you will be asked to go for document verification process. Here you have to submit the original documents and two photocopies of each document.
- Now login to the counselling online portal and fill the preferences after successful document verification. You can select the course you wish to select along with the college of your choice.
- Seat allotment process is done on the basis of PGCET 2018 result, preference set and the availability of seats.
- Finally, you have to confirm the seat by reporting to the college within the time provided and paying the fee.
Remember to take verification slip and a confidential key which will be used for login to counselling portal for choice filling of courses.
List of Documents Required at the time of PGCET 2018 Counselling
Given below is the complete list of documents required at the time of document verification that you must carry while visiting the help centre. Remeber to carry original as well as photocopy:
- Class 10th pass certificate
- Class 12th scorecard
- Qualifying examination mark sheet
- A certificate stating one of the parents studied in the state of Karnataka for 7 years
- Caste or income certificate for the candidates applying under SC/ ST category
- Study certificate for GM, SC, ST, Category-I, and OBC applicants
The official website for PGCET 2018 is kea.kar.nic.in