PU MET 2019 Books – This is the Management Entrance exam conducted by Panjab University for admission to various MBA Programmes. So, candidates aspiring to take admission in University Institute of Applied Management Sciences (UIAMS) must start their Preparation with right PU MET 2019 Books. The PU MET books are useful to learn any new topics of the exam and to practice mock as well. Moreover, give atleast few full-length mocks according to its exam pattern. Candidates must pay attention that in the selection process 85% of weightage is there for the written test. So, you must seriously Prepare for PU MET for this round to secure your admission to the university. In the article below, you will find the recommended PU MET 2019 Books to kickstart the exam preparation.
PU MET 2019 Books
Getting a right book for the preparation is very important, so you must pick a book wisely. Further, you must ensure that the book has all the exam topics and the sufficient number of questions for practice. After referring to the books written below, you can pick any book according to your convenience. Moreover, before buying a book, refer to the PU MET 2019 exam pattern and syllabus carefully. Most importantly, candidates enrolled in coaching centers will need only sample papers, otherwise, their study material generally covers all the topic.
PU MET 2019 Exam Pattern
It is a pen and paper-based test with 2-hour duration The written paper carries 85% weightage in the result. Similarly, 7.5 % is kept for group discussion and rest for the Personal Interview.
Mode of Examination – Offline pen and paper-based test.
Duration of Test – The maximum available is 120 minutes.
Medium of Question Paper – The exam will available in only English language.
Type of Questions – There are multiple choice questions with four options each.
Number of Sections – There are total six sections in the paper.
Marking Scheme – 1 mark for each correct answer.
Negative Marking – Deduction of 0.25 mark for each incorrect answer.
Number of Questions – The total number of questions in the exam is 120.
|Name of the Section||Total Number of Questions|
|Economics and Business Environment Awareness||20|
|Data interpretation and problem solving||20|
|Verbal Ability/ Reasoning||20|
PU MET 2019 Syllabus
As such, there is no definite syllabus for the exam. Though there are some topics which come every year in the exam. So, study the topics given below extensively. For the detailed syllabus, Click Here.
- Numerical Ability – Algebra, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Commercial maths, Fractions and DEcimals, Cube Roots, Square Roots, Ages, Boats and Streams, Clock and Calendars, Races and Games etc.
- Logical Reasoning – Series, Arrangments, Coding-decoding, Blood relationship, Symbols, and notations, Data interpretation, Data sufficiency, Alphabet test, Statement Assumptions, Arguments, and conclusion etc.
- Verbal Ability – Vocabulary, Grammar, Jumble sentences, critical reasoning, Sentence correction, Inappropriate usage of words, Error correction, Fill in the blanks and cloze test etc.
- General Knowledge – Current Affairs, Static GK, National and international events etc.
PU MET 2019 Books – Numerical Ability
This section is the combination of quantitative ability and data interpretation. The questions are not that much complicated in this exam. If you focus on basic concepts and formulas from starting then you can easily ace this section. You can refer to the books written below to prepare for the numerical ability section.
- A Complete Manual for the CAT – Arihant
- Mathematics for MBA – R.S Aggarwal
- Vedic Mathematics – Dr. Aditi Sighal
- Mathematics Papers – Kiran Publications
- Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency – Arihant
PU MET 2019 Books – Logical Reasoning
This section is easy to crack if you are well known and practiced the topics from this section. So, learn the topics form the books and practice as much as you can.
PU MET 2019 Books – Verbal Ability
For this section, you must focus on grammar and vocabulary. Apart from these books, you must read the newspapers regularly. You can refer these books for learning and practice purpose.
- Word Power Made Easy – Norman Lewis
- 30 Days To More Powerful Vocabulary – Norman Lewis
- Objective General English – S.P Bakshi
- Better English – Norman Lewis
- Grammar Error Spot – A.Uphadhaya
- A Mirror Of Common Errors – Dr. Ashok Kumar Singh
PU MET 2019 Books – General Knowledge
To be updated with latest events around you, you must start reading good newspapers and magazines. You can also listen to news channels to get the news from different perspectives.
- General Knowledge – Arihant
- The Mega Year Book – Disha Experts
- Objective General Knowledge – Lucent
- Day to Day Economics – Satish Y. Deodhar
PU MET 2019 Books – Practise Books
These books are not specifically for PU MET, but they will fulfill their purpose well. You can refer these books to practice questions of all the sections in one place.
PU MET 2019 Preparation Tips
Here are some general preparation tips to give a boost to your PU MET 2019 preparation.
To Know More PU MET Preparation Tips, Click Here.
- For QA, learn all the concepts topic by topic. Once you learn it, do its atleast 50 question from the same concepts. This way you will know the topic by heart.
- Write the topics where you continuously face problems. Set more time for them in your study schedule.
- Daily give mocks as much as possible and focus on speed and accuracy both.
- Solve previous year question papers to know the difficulty level of the topic.
- For Grammar, take a good grammar book like Wren and Martin. Read the grammar rules from there. Mark the important exceptions which will help you in error rectification.
- Read newspapers daily. Note down important events, dates, names of the person in news, statistics etc.