PU MET 2019 Preparation – The PU MET is the management entrance exam to take admission in various MBA programmes. So, candidates aspiring to pursue management programme in UIAMS must start their preparation now to crack the exam. In order to clear it, you must adopt the best practices and books to plan your studies strategically. First of all, analyze in which PU MET topics you are strong and weak. After that divide your time accordingly. Most importantly, have a thorough knowledge of PU MET 2019 Syllabus and Exam Pattern. When you are done with all these things, you can now set your timetable for the coming months. To help with your PU MET 2019 Preparation, Aglasem has brought you preparation tips, exam strategy and previous paper question paper for your astounding studies.
PU MET 2019 Preparation
For any exam, it requires that you are clear with all the concepts. So, it requires that you give enough time for learning and practice. Let’s say if we have 6 months for preparation then we need at least 4 months for learning concepts and 2 months for practicing mocks. Though it all depends how much you are ready for the exam.
In case, you are still left with filling PU MET 2019 Application Form, Click Here.
PU MET 2019 Exam Pattern
Since it is an offline examination, you must prepare according to it. For example, solving more and more mocks papers on hard copies only. You can even use OMR sheets to mark your answer for practice.
Mode of Examination – Offline pen and paper-based test.
Duration of Test – The maximum available is 120 minutes.
Medium of Question Paper – The exam will available in only English language.
Type of Questions – There are multiple choice questions with four options each.
Number of Sections – There are total six sections in the paper.
Marking Scheme – 1 mark for each correct answer.
Negative Marking – Deduction of 0.25 mark for each incorrect answer.
Number of Questions – The total number of questions in the exam is 120.
|Name of the Section||Total Number of Questions|
|Economics and Business Environment Awareness||20|
|Data interpretation and problem solving||20|
|Verbal Ability/ Reasoning||20|
To Download the PU MET 2019 Syllabus, Click Here.
PU MET 2019 Numerical Ability Preparation
It is the section which is the combination of quantitative ability and data interpretation. The questions are not that much complicated in this exam. If you focus on basic concepts and formulas from starting then you can easily ace this section. Even the Data interpretation questions are direct, based on simple percentage table, pie charts etc.
Read the following tips which will help you to prepare for the QADI section well.
- Learn Concepts – First of all, learn all the concepts topic by topic. Once you learn it, do its atleast 50 question from the same concepts. This way you will know the topic by heart.
- Revision – Mark the important questions in which you are facing a problem. Solve them again in few days and check whether you are able to solve it or not. Repeat this process till you are comfortable with a particular topic.
- Calculation – For the faster calculation, learn tables, square roots, cubes and squares till 20. Read and revise them daily. It will slowly improve your calculation time.
- Books – Follow maximum two books on any subject. Prefer the books which have modal papers for practice.
- Tricks – As time pass, learn tips and tricks to minimize the time in which you attempt a question. Though don’t fully rely on them, they can create a problem if a question is tricky.
- Options – Try to solve the questions by putting the options. This trick helps sometimes.
- Questions to attempt first – In the exam, you can solve bunch questions first. Like DI, in one attempt you can solve 4-5 questions in one go.
- Practice – Daily give mocks as much as possible and focus on speed and accuracy both.
PU MET 2019 Reasoning Preparation
This section is easy to crack if you are well known and practiced the topics from this section.
- To do that take a topic each day and learn basic methods to solve them.
- Solve two three examples and then atleast 40 questions from the same topic. Pick a book from reasoning which all the important topics related to the exam.
- For arrangement questions, Write the details in point form and simultaneously connect the dots to reach a solution. Sometimes there is more than one case arises. So, in that case, find the important point which hep to reach the correct answer. Sometimes both cases are also valid.
- Solve previous year question papers to know the difficulty level of the topic.
- Just practice the questions daily. It is recommended that you follow miscellaneous questions once you are done with individual topics.
PU MET 2019 Verbal Ability Preparation
This section will test your grammar and vocabulary. Which is required that each student knows basic English. In MBA programme and even in placements you will have to impress them with your communication skills only. So start reading, listening more and more now.
- This part does not get prepared in few days after cramming lots of words. It is a continuous process which requires persistent reading and learning words.
- Whenever you face a new word. Instantly, write it down. Learn its synonym and their usages.
- Side by side, learn from which part of speech it belongs. Whether it is a noun, adjective etc.
- This way you will target spellings, inappropriate usage of words and fill in the blanks also. Focus on spellings also while reading anything.
- Read from various sources newspapers, magazine, and blogs.
- You can also mobile apps to improve vocabulary. You can learn words and take their test also.
- For Grammar, take a good grammar book like Wren and Martin. Read the grammar rules from there. Mark the important exceptions which will help you in error rectification.
- It has very high chances that you tend to forget rules as time passes. So, revise the rules every one month. So that all the grammar rules are fresh in your mind.
- For this section solve 4 RC passages daily. Practice is the key in this section.
- Read a variety of topics like from sports, business, economics, psychology etc.
- While reading focus on sentence construction and flow. This way you will able to solve para jumbles easily.
PU MET 2019 General Knowledge Preparation
This section always concerns the students. So to get comfortable with this section read atleast current affairs daily. Side by side read the topics from static GK.
- Read newspapers daily. Note down important events, dates, names of the person in news, statistics etc.
- Revise notes after 10 days. Otherwise, your notes will keep adding on and at last you will not able to revise all of them in one go.
- For the static GK, take a good book and start reading it. It has a lot of topics so you can mark the points which you tend to forget the most. Revise them frequently so you are up to date with them.
PU MET Previous Year Question Papers
You can download the previous year question papers to know the difficulty level of the exams. These are also a good source of practice and analyze your aptitude.