PU MET 2020 – University Institute of Applied Management Sciences (UIAMS) conducts the management aptitude test (MET) online every year for granting admission to the eligible candidates into Punjab University for pursuing MBA. PU MET 2020 exam is a pen and paper-based test conducted at the university-level. Candidates have to apply for PUMET exam online to participate in the admission process. After the written aptitude test, shortlisted candidates will be further evaluated based on group discussion and personal interview. Candidates can find all the important details about PU MET 2020 like how to fill the application form, exam pattern, syllabus, etc from the page below.
PU MET 2020
The PU MET written test carries 85% weightage for the selection of the candidates. The question asked in the entrance exam will be of objective type. For getting admission in Punjab University, candidates keep keeping the track of the exam schedule. For now, check the tentative PU MET 2020 Exam Dates from below.
|PU MET 2020||Tentative Dates|
|Availability of Application Form||1st week of Jan 2020|
|Last date to generate challan||4th week of Feb 2020|
|Last date to submit fee at any branch of SBI||1st week of Mar 2019|
|Last date to upload documents||1st week of Mar 2020|
|Correction in completed Application form until||2nd week Mar 2020|
(up to 5 PM)
|Last date for Application form||2nd week Mar 2020|
|Issuance of Admit Card||3rd week Mar 2020|
|PU MET 2020 Exam Date||2nd week Mar 2020|
|Result Declaration||Last week Apr 2020|
|GD/PI Dates||2nd/ 3rd week of May 2020|
Courses Offered in Panjab University
Punjab University offers 6 specialized MBA programs through PU MET 2020. However, candidates need to select the course at the time of PU MET 2002 application form filling. Also, the duration of these courses is 2 years. Check the courses from below:
- MBA in Retail Management
- Banking and Insurance Management
- I.T. & Telecommunications Management
- Infrastructural Management
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Hospital Management
PU MET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must check the eligibility criteria for applying through PU MET 2020. As candidates are applying for different courses, it is advised to check the eligibility criteria separately according to the applied specialization. Check your respective MBA eligibility from below and apply for PU MET 2020 accordingly.
Retail Management and Banking & Insurance Management
- Candidates must have a Bachelor or masters degree in any discipline with at least 50% aggregate.
- OR Candidates must be passed in the final examination of ICAI, ICWAI or ICSI (either India or England)
- OR AIME examination minimum 50% aggregate
- OR Diploma with minimum 60% aggregate and have at least 5 years of research/teaching or professional experience.
Information Technology & Telecommunications Management and Infrastructural Management
- B.E./B. Tech In any discipline with aggregate not less than 50 %.
- OR, Bachelor’s degree in any Science subject with Physics and/or Mathematics. Candidate must have a minimum of 50% aggregate.
- OR, BCA with minimum 50% aggregate.
- OR, AIME examination minimum 50% aggregate or diploma with min. 60% aggregate and must have at least 5 years of research/teaching or professional experience.
- Candidates having MBBS/B. Pharmacy/ BSC in any science/ Diploma in Pharmacy with aggregate not less than 50% are eligible.
- Candidates must have MBBS/ BAMS/ BHMS/ BDS/ B. Pharmacy/ B.Sc (Nursing)/ Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
PU MET 2020 Application Form
After checking the eligibility criteria for a particular MBA course, candidates can start filling the PU MET 2020 Application form. PU offers the candidate to apply online, no offline process can be entertained. The application form shall be available at met.puchd.ac.in as per the scheduled date. To Apply for the PU MET 2020, candidates need to follow the given pointers:
- Register online by providing basic details like Name, email id, mobile no., etc.
- After that, you will receive the registration no with the password on your registered email id.
- Then, log in using the credentials
- Fill the application form by providing personal details, contact details, academic background, etc.
- After that, upload the required documents in the prescribed format.
- Lastly, submit the form after paying the PU MET 2020 application Form fee online or offline.
The application form fee is different for general and reserved category. Check the expected fee as per last year from the below:
|General Category||Rs. 2175/-|
|SC/ST/PWD Category||Rs. 1087/-|
PU MET 2020 Exam Pattern
For scoring well in PU MET 2020 exam, candidates must be aware of the exam pattern of the entrance test. Check the overview of the paper , marking scheme and section-wise distribution of the exam from the below.
Overview of the Paper
- Mode of Exam – The exam is conducted in offline mode
- Duration of Test – 120 minutes i.e 2 hours
- Language of paper – English language
- Type of Questions – the paper will have Objective type question (MCQs)
- No of Questions – There are a total of 120 question
- No. of Sections – There are 6 sections in PU MET
- For each correct answer– 1 mark will be awarded.
- For each wrong answer– 0.25 mark will be deducted.
Section-wise distribution of Questions
|Economics & Business Environment Awareness||20|
|Data interpretation & problem solving||20|
|Verbal Ability/ Reasoning||20|
PU MET 2020 Syllabus
University doesnet release the officail syllabus for PU MET 2020 exam, but as per the previous years trens, it has been observed that the syllabus of PU MET is similar to other managemnet apptitute tests, just the level of difficulty is moderate as compared to other national level test. So, candiades must check the PU MET 2020 syllabus from the below
|PU MET 2020 Syllabus|
|Numerical Ability – Algebra, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Commercial maths etc.|
|Logical Reasoning – Series, Arrangments, Coding-decoding etc.|
|Verbal Ability – Vocabulary, Grammar, Jumble sentences, critical reasoning etc.|
|General Knowledge – Current Affairs, Static GK, National, and international events etc.|
PU MET 2020 Selection Process
For getting admission into the Punjab University, candidates need to go through some selection process. However, PU MET has the maximum weightage i.e 85%. Also, after the written test candidates need to appear for the group discussion and personal interview round. Check the weightage of each section from the below:
- Written test (MET)- 85%
- Group Discussion- 7.5%
- Personal Interview -7.5%
PU MET 2020 Admit Card
After the completion of the application process successfully, candidates will be able to download it online. No hard copy of the admit card will be received to the candidates. Also, candidates need to use their login credentials for downloading the PU MET 2020 admit card. After downloading the admit card, candidates are advised to take the print out of the admit card on an A4 size sheet. No candidate will be allowed to sit in the examination hall with the admit card.
Note: The exam will take place in Chandigarh only, so candidates are advised to plan their travel in advance.
PU MET 2020 Answer Key
The university releases the PU MET 2020 answer key 7-10 days after the exam. As it is an official answer key candidates can verify the answer and also calculate their estimate score. candidates have to login by entering login id and password for downloading the answer key. Also, the facility of challenging the answer key is provided by the university. Within 48 hours, candidates will be able to submit their objections regarding the answer key.
PU MET 2020 Result
The university releases the PU MET 2020 answer key 7-10 days after the exam. As it is an official answer key candidates can verify the answer and also calculate their estimate score. candidates have to login by entering login id and password for downloading the answer key. Also, the facility of challenging the answer key is provided by the university. Within 48 hours, candidates will be able to submit their objections regarding the answer
Note: if the candidates want to know or verify their score of all the three-round then they do the same vai paying of Rs. 10,000/-.
PU MET 2020 Group Discussion and Personal Interview
The admission seekers have to attend the GDPI round. In the Group Discussion candidates have to present their views on the given topic. The examiner evaluates the candidates on the basis of their knowledge, communication, and team skills. There is no elimination round so everyone has to attend the Personal Interview after it.
In the PI, an interviewer tests you on the basis of thinking ability, knowledge, hobbies, and achievements. You should prepare seriously for this round as it carries a total of 15% weightage in the final result of a candidate.
PU MET 2020 counseling
The selected students from the GD/PI round will be called for the counseling round/ All the candidates are advised to present on the counseling day with the required documents. The document verification process shall be taken place on that day. The seat a lot,ent will be conducted on the very same day. Candidates who will not be able to attend the counseling, the candidature of the candidates will be at risk.
Last year, on the last day of admission, candidates will able to check the list of vacant seats on the notice board of the university. No separate intimation about this was released by the university. Candidates who are available on this day until 02:00 pm able to secure the vacant seats.
PU MET 2020 Seat Matrix
There is a separate seat matrix for each specialization. Furthermore, seats are divided according to the categories and other additional seats. This is the last year’s seat matrix and the seats are found to be increased. Check the seat matrix below.
Placements at UIAMS
Last MBA students from UIAMS got placed in top companies. Many companies came to take the interview for the students of the MBA and manged to hire 90% of the students. In total there are around 200 companies that come to recruit students from UIAMS every year.
Average CTC: 5 lakh per annum
Few of them are as follows:
- HDFC Bank
- Big Bazaar etc.
- Assistant Registrar – UIAMS Office 0172-2534362, 0172-2534499.
- Email – [email protected] (Don’t forget to mention your name and application number)
- Telephone Number – +91 172 270 1403
If you have queries about the PU MET 2020, type your query in the comment section below.