SRCC GBO Preparation 2019 – SRCC GBO is a university level entrance exam for which 8 to 10,000 candidates appear for the entrance test. There are a total of 68 number of seats and the selection of candidates for admission in done on the basis of their performance in the online test, followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The entrance test for SRCC GBO 2019 is expected to be held in the first week of March 2019. Not many students know that SRCC also provides admission in MBA programme. Hence, on this page of Aglasem, we have tried to explain why you should appear for the SRCC GBO exam and how to prepare for it.
About SRCC GBO Programme
The Post Graduate Diploma In Global Business Operations offered by SRCC was started in 1999 and is certainly not the flagship program of the institute but it has become quite popular. It’s a two year post graduate diploma program which is affiliated to the University of Delhi. The program is approved by the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Delhi. It covers the entire gamut of exposure and experiences required to establish and run a business successfully in India and abroad. This program is the experience and exposure of the international Finance, Accounting, Trade and IT etc
To Appear on not to appear for SRCC GBO exam?
If you are not convinced about the future of this programme or if you are confused whether you should appear for it or not, we have distinguished it into the advantages and disadvantages of SRCC GBO.
Advantages of SRCC GBO exam
- SRCC is a brand name and hence is a huge plus for the students. Added to this brand name is the Delhi University tag and the ambiance makes the experience worth it.
- The fees for this course is moderate which is just Rs. 80,000 bucks for 2 years. Perhaps one of the most important criteria for the students who are looking for studying MBA.
- Like every B-school, you will find Batch Diversity in this program as well.
- Unlike the national or state level exam, like CAT/ XAT/ CMAT, etc, it is a much easier exam to tackle.
- The placements for SRCC GBO is pretty decent. Placements stats are average and 8 to 9 Lac (average packages) are also offered by LBSIM and Fore School of management.
- SRCC is best known for its excellent Faculty and Infrastructure. Hence, the students will get the best education service.
- The weightage for the written exam, GD and PI are 75%, 10%, and 15% respectively. So, if a student does well in written, the chances of getting a seat are considerably high. In fact, the toppers are almost assured of a seat and their interviews also do not go that stringent because such huge weightage is assigned to the written paper.
- Apart from the academics, there are various International exchange programs based on students’ performance.
Disadvantages of SRCC GBO
- One of the disadvantages for the student is that you get a diploma by the Delhi University, not a degree, which means that you will find it difficult to apply for government jobs which accept MBA. So the public sector is cut off for the most part.
- GBO is not that well known as a course to many and you may find yourself explaining to people as to what exactly you are doing.
Now, that we have known the advantage and disadvantage for the Programme, let us now know how to prepare for it.
SRCC GBO Exam Pattern 2019
It is a computer-based online test which will consist of multiple choice questions. The duration of the exam is 02 hours. The total number of questions is 160, equally divided in four sections, each carrying four marks.
|Name of the section||Number of questions|
|English Comprehension & Language Ability||40|
- +4 marks for a correct answer.
- -1 marks will be deducted for an incorrect response.
SRCC GBO Preparation Tips and Strategies
Overall the paper for SRCC GBO is easy but the competition increases the cut-off, The seats are limited for admission in PGDGBO programme. There are about 31 number of seats for General and 31 for reserved. So if you are a general student, then you are looking at a selection ratio of 30:6000 i.e. 1 in 200. That is the same as IIMs, hence admission in SRCC is not easy but still possible.
Preparation for Quantitative Ability
This section is all about speed. It is advised that you should study Arun Sharma Level 1 and Level 2 to prepare the best for this section. Remember that there shall be a negative marking for an incorrect answer. Out of the 40 questions, you may find some speed breakers and these are best avoided. It is best to leave out the question which you have not attempted at the time of preparation. If you have time, come back to it later but mark the answer only if you are 100% sure about it.
Preparation for Verbal Ability
Read Normal Lewis Vocal Preparation. The difficulty level for this section is moderate to easy.
Preparation for Logical Ability and Data Interpretation
This is perhaps a little tough than the above sections. Solving the above two sections fast can help you tide over this section easily. Standard questions about CAT of moderate and easy level form a part of this paper. AYou can refer to Arihant book for MAT/CMAT on Logical Reasoning for preparation for this section.
Pro Tip for the Students: The exam pattern for the SRCC GBO exam does not change too often. Hence solving the past paper of this paper is very crucial.
If you have any questions or need any guidance, then let us know in the comment section below.