The Symbiosis International University gives the management students the opportunity of Distance Learning in the PGDBA course. Those who want to apply for the course can go to the official website: www.scdl.net and fill the online application form. Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria to apply for the course. For more information, the candidates can refer to this page.
Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA
The Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA for a duration of 2 years. The registration period is valid for 4 years. Students who pursue this course can make a career as Finance Manager, Business Analyst, Marketing Manager, Brand Manager, Senior HR Officer, Operations Head, Branch Head, Project Manager, Business Development Manager and much more.
Why to choose Distance Learning?
Distance Learning has its own pros and cons. The students who opt for the Distance learning surely get lots of benefits as compared to the regular courses such as:
- As the student will be learning on his own, he/she gets to study at his own pace.
- In the regular classes, the students could listen to the lectures only once. But in distance learning, the students are provided with various study materials and videos in which the student can listen to the whole lecture again.
- The distance learning course costs less than the regular courses.
- In distance learning, the students can use the time according to their need.
- Students can save their money on travelling.
Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA Eligibility Criteria
Students who want to get admission to the Symbiosis distance learning MBA course must ensure first that they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- A student applying for the course must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised University.
- Students from abroad must be a graduate from International/SAARC Graduate from a recognized University.
- Those who are waiting for the final result of their graduation can also apply for the course.
Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA Fee Structure
The fee structure for Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA is given below. The candidates must note that the fees amount given in the table below is as per last year.
|Category||1st instalment||2nd instalment|
|International||US $ 1600||US $ 1100|
|SAARC||US $ 900||US $ 600|
Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA Application Form
The Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA Application Form is available on the official website: www.scdl.net. Candidates can follow the step by step guide below to fill in the application forms:
- First, the candidates have to go the official website of the Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA and click on the link “apply online”.
- Then they have to register themselves to the SCDL Apply Online Portal. The login credentials will be emailed to the candidates. The loginn page will be the same as given in the image below:
- They have to login to the portal and purchase the application form.
- Fill in the application form and attach the academic records along with the form.
- They also have to attach their work experience (if any), 2 passport size photographs and a photo identity proof.
- For foreign candidates, they have to enter their foreign address, with address proof or copies of the passport page which show the visa.
- The payment of the application form has to be made through demand draft or online.
- Candidates can check the status of their application form from here. The page that will open will look like in the image given down below.
Selection for Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA
There are two types of Admission in the Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA. Following are the details:
In confirmed admission, the students who will meet the eligibility criteria as per Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA will get confirmed admission to the course. They will get an admission letter and a student id from SDL by post. They will then have to pay the program fee and the student handbook.
The students who will get provisional admission will not get the id cards till their admission is confirmed. A student is provisionally admitted to the course who do not meet the eligibility criteria and the documents submitted by them are deficient. The following might be the cases on the basis of which they get provisional admission:
- The coloured passport size photographs that are attached by the students are not clear or are not attached at all.
- The Bachelor’s degree is completion is attested in a local language and is not clear or attestation is not clear.
- Document of the name change is not attached.
- The application form that is submitted is not clear.
- The visa/passport copy is not attached by the International/SAARC students.
The students have to submit these documents upon the receipt of email which will be sent to the students by SCDL to get admission to the SCDL.
Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA Placement
The Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA has close links with the industry and business. This is so to promote the employability of the students. There are placement drives conducted in the campus every year to assist the students to get employed to the reputed companies. In the past year, many students have been placed through the SCDL.
Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA Ranking
In the past years, the Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning has gained the following achievements:
- SCDL Has been ranked as the number Distance Learning B-School that offers distance course in Management by Career India in the year 2016.
- It has also been ranked 2nd by the DNA Indus Learning as the leading Institutes in the country in the year 2012.
- SCDL is the winner of Maharastra Govt’s IT Award for HRD through quality Distance Education.