Time table for CAT 2018- CAT 2018 is the most coveted management entrance exam held all over India. The score for CAT exam is accepted by 20 IIMs and over 200 B-schools. Not only this but the CAT score is also accepted by various foreign universities as well. One of the advice which many of you have must have read is to prepare a timetable. However, one of the biggest complications is to prepare a perfect timetable.
The basic purpose to have study plan is so that you remain discipline with your study schedule. Make a list of tasks to do and by when you will complete them. In this article, you will find complete guidance for CAT 2018 exam preparation.
Time table for CAT 2018
The experts say that the ideal time for CAT exam preparation is 7-8 months prior to the exam date. However, the preparation strategy and the ideal time shall differ from person to person. The first few months are to be focused on brushing up your concepts. in the rest of the months, you need to focus on revision and improving your performance.
|Months||Things to do|
|March (01st week)||Make a list of topics in CAT as per its syllabus|
|March-May||Practice different questions form each of these sections and make a cheat sheet for each of them|
|Mid May||Identify your strengths and weaknesses|
|May-August||Clarify your concepts from your weaknesses and update your cheat sheet regularly|
|GIve one Mock Test every week and spend at least 1-2 hours to analyze your performance in each mock test and try to improve in the test|
|August-September||Solve previous year question papers and improve your time management|
|Mid-October||Revise your cheat sheet and solve mock tests and previous year question paper as much as you can|
|Mid-November||Bell the CAT!|
How To Use The Study Time Table For CAT Preparation?
The first thing to do if you are preparing for CAT 2018 is to write down the entire syllabus. There are around 13 topics in Quant, around 12 topics in Verbal, and lastly 18 topics in Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning.
- Just focus on your preparation and remove any negative thoughts like what if you do not qualify, how to score more marks, etc. The very first month is the beginning of your preparation and hence should be accounted usefully.
- By looking at the syllabus you can easily identify which topics are easy or difficult for you. Count your areas of strengths and weaknesses.
- Study the structure of exam well, understand the pattern of the CAT exam.
- Before you start preparing, go through one mock test.
|Books For CAT Preparation||CAT Past 10-year question papers|
|How To Prepare for CAT exam||Strategy For Scoring 95+ Percentile in CAT exam|
- By this time you will be fully aware of your strengths and weaknesses, start working on them in the second month.
- Work on improving your time management.
- Work on skim reading as this will enhance your overall efficiency.
- Now, by the Third month you have to increase the number of study hours.
- Give equal time to all the sections.
- Keep working on your lessons, methods and practice questions, practice exams, flashcards, and reading.
- Increase the number of mock test from 2 to 5. On an average you should solve at least 15-20 mock tests.
- Analyse your performance with each mock test.
Fourth and Fifth Month
Keep the flow going and accelerate the process to little more extent. Keep practicing mock tests, sample papers, and previous year papers. Also, try to save time from each section which could be useful in doing questions that need to work on more.
If you have any questions or need any guidance, let us know in the comment section below.