TISS MBA Admission 2019 – Tata Institute of Social Science was established in 1936 and since them imparting excellence in higher education. It has campuses at Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Guwahati, and Tuljapur. The institute is well known for Master in Arts (M.A) programmes equivalent to MBA. These courses range from the social sector to policymaking. For the TISS MBA Admission 2019, candidates have to apply for the exam in the specified dates. It will accept scores of TISSNET 2019 only which are valid in TISS Mumbai & Hyderabad for MBA admissions. The exam is conducted by the institute itself. After clearing the exam, candidates have to appear for Pre-Interview Test (PIT) & Personal Interview (PI) round for the TISS MBA final admissions. To check more details about TISS MBA Admission 2019 courses, fees, placements and more, check the complete details below.
TISS Mumbai offers M.A but the value of the degree is equal to the M.B.A degree as provided by other b-schools. In the end, the things that will matter are knowledge, exposure and the academic institute. Here are the important dates for the exam required for TISS MBA Admission 2019.
|TISSNET 2019||Important Dates|
|TISSNET 2019 Application Form||22 Oct 2018|
|Last Date to Apply||10 Dec 2018|
|Issuance of Admit Card||26-27 Dec 2018|
|TISSNET 2019 Exam Date||19 Jan 2019|
|Announcement of Result||11 Feb 2019|
|Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview||
|Announcement of Final Result||22 Apr 2019|
TISS MBA Courses
In total TISS offers 55 courses in M.A. but only a few of them are related to management. Even more, the management courses are offered by TISS Mumbai only and one related course by Hyderabad. These are the programmes under M.A. for TISS MBA Admission 2019.
|M.A. Programmes at TISS Mumbai Campus and Code||Seat Intake|
|Social Work in Livelihoods and Entrepreneurship (LE)||30|
|Globalisation and Labour (GL)||30|
|Human Resources Management and Labour Relations (HRM)||60|
|Social Entrepreneurship (SE)||30|
|Master of Arts Organisation Development, Change, and Leadership (OD)
In Hyderabad Campus Also (Work Experience required)
TISS MBA Fee Structure
The fee structure for TISS MBA Admission 2019 is written according to last year data. You can still take the idea from the semester wise figures for M.A. programmes at TISS Mumbai.
|Human Resources Management and Labour Relations (HRM) Fee in Rupee|
|Fee particulars for||Sem 1||Sem 2||Sem 3||Sem 4|
|Social Work in Livelihoods and Entrepreneurship Fee in Rupee|
|Globalisation and Labour (GL) Fee in Rupee|
|Social Entrepreneurship (SE) Fee in Rupee|
TISS MBA Eligibility Criteria
Students applying for TISS Mumbai must check the eligibility criteria before filling TISSNET 2019. Here is the eligibility for TISS MBA Admission 2019.
- Educational Qualification – Aspirants must have a Bachelor’s Degree of a minimum 3 years from a recognized University.
- Final Year Students – Candidates in the final year of graduation are also eligible to apply. Such candidates must have passed exams of the previous semesters ie 1st to 4th. Similarly, semester 1st to 6th for 4 years degree programme. You must submit the final result by September 2019.
TISS MBA Selection Process
Candidates applying for TISS MBA Admission 2019 must clear all the rounds to take final admission at TISS Mumbai.
- Entrance Exam – It is mandatory that candidates appear for TISSNET 2019.
- Result – Once the exam is over, the TISS Mumbai will release the result along with cut-offs.
- Pre-Interview Round – Qualified candidates now appear for the pre-interview test which includes a written test, group discussion etc.
- Interview Round- In this round, the interview will take place to shortlist candidates for the final admission.
TISS MBA Application Form
For admission in TISS Mumbai, candidates must apply through TISSNET 2019 Application Form. There is the single form for TISSNET MBA Admission 2019 in which you have the option to select a maximum of three courses. The final admission will be according to the priority of the course selected by the candidates. In addition to that, add information like personal, educational, contact, and work experience details in the form. Following that upload photograph & signature and pay the application fee. Once form submission is successful, keep the TISS ID and Password safe for future reference.
TISS MBA Result
After the cut off is released, the PIT & PI rounds will take place at the TISS Mumbai. Once these rounds are over, the final result will release for TISS MBA Admission 2019. Qualified candidates will get the calls according to the preference of the courses opted during the registration process. The institute will also release waiting list according to the number of seats left for the programme.
TISS MBA Merit List – The institute releases after all the rounds. The merit list will be prepared according to the performance by the candidates in subsequent rounds.
- NET – 40%
- PIT – 30%
- PI – 30%.
Maximum score of each round is given in the table below.
|National Common Written Test||100|
|Pre-Interview / GD||50|
TISS MBA Placements
The TISS Mumbai offers 100% placements in all the courses. Students get placed in profit and non-profit sectors and able to grab attractive offers. The figures given below are for placement 2018 for M.A. HRM course.
- Median Salary – Rs 18.5 lakh
- Average Salary – Rs 18.77 lakh
- Highest Package – Rs 27 lakh
- Average CTC of the top 50th Percentile – Rs 18.5 Lakh
- Average CTC of the top 75th Percentile – Rs 20.75 Lakh
- Deloitte India
- OYO Rooms
- Bajaj Auto
- UST Global
- Reliance Power
- Crompton Greaves
- L&T Infotech
- Samsung R&D
- Sterlite Power
TISS Mumbai Ranking
The Tata Institute of Social Science is ranked among top schools in postgraduate. Since it is not particularly a b-school we have not the exact rankings for TISS. Though TISS Mumbai considered in the top 30 colleges for MBA programme.
These are the famous alumni who have done their graduation from TISS college.
- Subhash Mendhapurkar, social activist
- Anu Aga, Former Chairman, Thermax
- Medha Patkar, Social Activist
- Purnima Mane, President, and CEO, Pathfinder International
- Gursimran Khamba, Stand-up Comedian, and Writer
- Mr. Makarand – CHRO of Kotak Group
- Mrs. Aparna Sharma – Novelist, CHRO of Lafarge
- Anu Zachariah: MD – DDI India
- Dr. Santrupt Mishra – CEO Carbon Black