TISSNET 2020 Books – Candidates appearing for TISSNET must be looking for the best books for TISSNET preparation. Therefore, candidates can study Common Books like Wiley’s Exam Xpert GK and Issues of Social Concern, Manorama Year Book, C.S.R Monthly Magazine, etc. Also refer books of MAT, SNAP for practice as these exams have similar topics as TISSNET. For the preparation of the TISSNET exam candidates must manage their time and solve mock tests. It is a University level Online entrance test conducted by TISS to offer admission in various Master’s Degree Programmes. For more information regarding the Best Books for TISSNET 2020, read the whole article.
Latest: TISSNET 2020 registration open, click here to apply.
TISSNET 2020 Books
Preparing from the right book can Increase the chances of clearing the TISSNET 2020 exam. In the page below, you will find the recommended books for the TISSNET 2020 preparation which will cover the syllabus of TISSNET. Candidates can Follow the books mentioned in the table below for preparing TISSNET 2020.
|TISSNET 2020 Books||Author||Buy Here|
|Wiley’s Exam Xpert GK and Issues of Social Concern||Dr. Rohit Singh||Click here to buy|
|C.S.R Monthly Magazine||CSR Editorial Board||Click here to buy|
|Manorama Year Book||Philip Mathew||Click here to buy|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Arun Sharma||Click here to buy|
Best TISSNET 2020 Books For General Awareness
This section has 40 questions in total with will carry each 1 mark. So, this section has the maximum weight i.e. 40 marks. General Awareness cannot be done in a few days, candidates have to prepare it in advance. Therefore, the Candidate must score well in this section. Thus, you need to Buckel yourself up to prepare for this section. The key to scoring well in this section is by devoting quality time to reading newspapers or watching news channels.
Moreover, this section is Purely Knowledge-based i.e if you know the answer choose the right option in no time. As a result, this section will consume less time and can be attempted in a maximum of 10 minutes. Basically, there is no specific book that can cover all the possible topics, but the following books can be of a guide to know and understand topic possibilities.
- General Knowledge – Arihant
- The Mega Year Book – Disha Experts
- Objective General Knowledge – Lucent
- Manorama Yearbook – Pratiyogita Darpan
- Social Issues and Institution – Wizard publication
- Chronicle civil Services
- Indian Polity – M Laxmikanth
Best TISSNET 2020 Books For English Proficiency
English Proficiency is easy as compared to other entrance exams. A candidate having good command in English can easily get 25+ in this section. Most of the questions will put to test your ability to answer swiftly and your knowledge regarding the subject. Speed is to be given more importance here. So, in order to Cover the reading, vocabulary, and grammar reference to the following books for TISSNET 2020.
- Word Power Made Easy – Norman Lewis
- 30 Days To More Powerful Vocabulary – Norman Lewis
- Better English – Norman Lewis
Idioms, Sentence correction, One-word substitution, etc
- Objective General English – S.P Bakshi
- Proficiency in Reading Comprehension simplifying the “Passage” for you – Ajay Singh
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension – Arihant
Best TISSNET 2020 Books For Maths & Logical Reasoning
In Maths & Logical Reasoning, questions have a mixture of quantitative questions, data interpretation, and logical reasoning. If you have already done with major management entrance exams then this section will be easy for you. If you are preparing for TISSNET 2020 only then you must prepare for this section with easy to medium difficulty level questions. The major Books to practice is as follows.
Best for Analytical/ Logical Reasoning
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning – R.S Aggarwal
Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
- Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency – Arihant
TISSNET 2020 Exam Pattern
Check below the exam pattern and marking scheme of TISSNET 2020 before starting exam preparation:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Maths & Logical Reasoning||30||30|
- Exam Mode: TISSNET 2020 will be conducted in Computer-Based Test mode.
- Time Duration: Candidate will have to complete the exam in 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Number of Questions: There will be 100 questions in the exam.
- Type of Questions: The questions in the test will be multiple choice
- Section Limit: There is no sectional limit in the test.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- Subjects: The test will be prepared from Logical Reasoning, General Knowledge, Analytical Ability and English Proficiency.
TISSNET 2020 Syllabus
TISSNET 2020 Syllabus consists of four sections, namely General Awareness, English Proficiency, Math and Logical Reasoning. As per the official website, admissions.tiss.edu.the syllabus is mentioned below. Therefore, Interested candidates can Prepare in advance to get a better score in TISSNET 2020. Focus on these topics individually and start your preparation as soon as possible. In this section, you can check the topics and can practice them accordingly.
( English Language Comprehension & usage )
|Math & Logical Reasoning |
(Up to class X)
|General Awareness |
(Current Affairs &
understanding social issues)
|Word Choice/ Sentence correction||Basic Arithmetic||Politics|
|Odd-one-out & Analogies||Basic Geometry||Social Science|
|Synonyms/Antonyms||Basic Trigonometry||Science & Technology|
|Verbal reasoning||Number series||Sports|
|Reading Comprehension||Data Interpretation||Art/Culture|
|Error Spotting||Logical Reasoning||Indian History|
TISS MAT 2020 Syllabus
Candidates applying for MA (HRM&LR) and/or MA (ODCL) programs have to appear for the TISS Management apptitute test (TISS MAT). The exam will be held just after the TISSNET. The exam will have 3 sections which are as follows.
Comprehension (15 Marks)
This section judges the ability of the candidates to read and understand management literature.
- Reading passages on management related subjects.
- Candidates need to answers aksed from these passages.
Management Data Interpretation (15 Marks)
This section is intended to find the candidate having capability to read and understand data related to the economy, market, business, and organization.
- Graphs charts, and data across multiple sources will be in these sections. .
- Performing basic methods with data collected from multiple sources.
Business Awareness (15 Marks)
Candidates must have information and familiarity with business awareness. In order to score well in this sections cover the following areas:
- Knowledge of contemporary events
- Human resource management
- Labour studies.
Preparation Tips for TISSNET
While preparing for TISSNET 2020, there are some important points which must be kept in mind, which are as follows:
- Time management – Managing your time well. It will increase the chances of clearing TISSNET 2020. Also, make a proper time table according to your convenience and follow it.
- Revision – Another equally important thing is to revise your subjects thoroughly. Do revise all the topics mentioned above in the syllabus section.
- Prepare from the start – Start preparing from the beginning and don’t try to jump to an end because, If the basics are clear in your head, preparation becomes easy.
- Mock test – Lastly, Solve past exam papers and sample papers.
TISSNET is the Tata Institute of social science National Entrance Test. It is an Online national level test conducted by the TISS. Through this exam, Candidates can get admission in the Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, Hyderabad campuses and other locations like BALM, Chennai, and TISS-Nagaland. the exam is Candidates can get the admission in the Master degree Programs via TISSNET 2020.