TISSNET 2020 Syllabus includes General Awareness, English Proficiency, Math and Logical Reasoning. TISSNET 2020 is conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS) in the month of January. It is a University level Online entrance test conducted to offer admission in various Master’s Degree Programmes. The duration of TISSNET 2020 is 100 minutes, during which one is expected to solve 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). For each correct answer, the candidate is awarded 1 mark. There is no negative marking for wrong answers and unanswered questions. For details regarding Exam pattern, Syllabus, Preparation tips, Important books, etc, go through the whole article.
TISSNET 2020 Syllabus
TISSNET 2020 Syllabus consists of four sections, namely General Awareness, English Proficiency, Math and Logical Reasoning. As per the official website, admissions.tiss.edu.the syllabus is mentioned below. In this section, you can check the topics and can practice them accordingly.
|English Proficiency||Math & Logical Reasoning||General Awareness |
|Word Choice/ Sentence correction||Basic Arithmetic||Politics|
|Odd-one-out & Analogies||Basic Geometry||Social Science|
|Synonyms/Antonyms||Basic Trigonometry||Science & Technology|
|Verbal reasoning||Number series||Sports|
|Reading Comprehension||Data Interpretation||Art/Culture|
|Error Spotting||Logical Reasoning||Indian History|
TISSNET 2020 Syllabus for General Awareness
This section has 40 questions in total with will carry each 1 mark. So, this section has the maximum weight i.e. 40 marks. General Awareness cannot be done in a few days, candidates have to prepare it in advance. Therefore, the Candidate must score well in this section. Thus, you need to Buckel yourself up to prepare for this section. The key to scoring well in this section is by devoting quality time to reading newspapers or watching news channels. Moreover, this section is Purely Knowledge-based i.e if you know the answer choose the right option in no time. As a result, this section will consume less time and can be attempted in a maximum of 10 minutes. Also, The topics you should focus on these sections are given below.
- Environment and Ecology
- Governance/ Politics/ History/ Law
- Economy/ Policy
- International Politics/ Current Events
- Gender/ Health/ Education
- Labour, Trade unions, NGOs in news
- Media/ ICTs/ Literature/ Art/ Culture
- Recent Awards and honors
- Prize-winning Books and authors
- Basic economy
- General science
- Socio-economic affairs
- Committees formed by RBI and Government
- Current affairs based on Polity and geography
- World organizations
- Important bills passed by the Indian government
TISSNET 2020 Syllabus for English Proficiency
This section is easy as compared to other entrance exams. A candidate having good command in English can easily get 25+ in this section. So, in order to do that Cover the reading, vocabulary, and grammar. The topics to follow in this section are written below.
- Purpose of the passage
- strength and weakness
- Assumptions and supporting statements
- Flaw and discrepancies
- Inference and conclusion
- Passage-based question
- Author point of view
- The main idea of the passage
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Odd one out
- Word substitution
- Right usage of words – fill in the blanks
- Right usage of a word -Match the following
- Fill in the blanks – Homophones
- Idioms – FIB, Match the following
- Error Spotting – grammar/ words/ Punctuation
- Sentence Correction
TISSNET 2020 Syllabus for Maths & Logical Reasoning
In this section, questions have a mixture of quantitative questions, data interpretation, and logical reasoning. If you have already done with major management entrance exams then this section will be easy for you. If you are preparing for TISSNET 2020 Exam only then you must prepare for this section with easy to medium difficulty level questions. The following are the major topics to practice in this section:
- Pie Charts
- Double Pie Charts
- Case lets
- Line Graph
- Multiple Graph
- Data Comparison
- The number and Alphabet Series
- Eye for details
- Statement/ Conclusion/ Assumption/ Arguments
- Logical Connectivity
- Line/ Circular/ Family arrangements
- Venn Diagrams
- Profit and Loss
- Basic Geometry
- Ratio and Proportions
- Number Systems
- LCM and HCF
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Quadratic Equations
- Linear Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences and Series
- Surds and Indices
- Permutation and Combination
- Set Theory
- Mixtures and Allegations
- Coordinate Geometry
TISS MAT 2020 Syllabus
Aspirants who have applied for MA (HRM&LR) and/or MA (ODCL) programs need to give for TISS Management apptitute test (TISS MAT). After the TISSNET 2020 exam TISS MAT will be coducted and will have weightage of 45 marks. Also, the score will be combined with the PI rounds. Check the syllabus from the below.
Comprehension (15 Marks)
- Reading passages on management related subjects.
- Candidates need to answers aksed from these passages.
Management Data Interpretation (15 Marks)
- Graphs charts, and data across multiple sources will be in these sections. .
- Performing basic methods with data collected from multiple sources.
Business Awareness (15 Marks)
Candidates must be familiarity with business knowledge. For scoring well in these sections cover the following areas:
- Human resource management
- Labour studies
- Knowledge of contemporary events
Preparation Tips for TISSNET 2020
While preparing for TISSNET 2020 Exam, there are some important points which must be kept in mind, that are:
- Manage your time – Firstly, managing your time well can increase the chances of clearing TISSNET. In addition, divide your time into particular sections and make a proper time table according to your convenience. Also, make sure to follow it seriously.
- Revise the topics – Another equally important thing is to revise your subjects thoroughly. Moreover, doing revision properly will increase your mental ability and will make you confident. Which in addition leads in scoring better in the exam.
- Start from scratch – Start preparing from the beginning and don’t try to jump to an end because, If the basics are clear in your head, preparation becomes easy.
- Practice – Lastly, Solve past exam papers and sample papers.
Important Books For TISSNET 2020
Candidates can refer to the Books mentioned below for the TISSNET 2020 preparation. These books are very useful and have all the topics which will cover the TISSNET 2020 Syllabus.
- Word Power Made Easy – Norman Lewis
- Objective General English – S.P Bakshi
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension – Arihant
For General Awareness:
For Maths and Logical Reasoning:
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning – R.S Aggarwal
- Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency – Arihant
- A Complete Manual for the CAT – Arihant
Tata Institute of social science (TISSNET) is an online entrance exam conducted by the TISS for getting admissions in the Master degree programs. The candidate must appear for TISSNET written test. then the shortlisted candidates have to go through the Pre-interview test (PIT)and Personal Interview (PI). TISS gives admission to the candidates in the TISS Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, Hyderabad campuses and other locations like BALM, Chennai, and TISS-Nagaland Campuses.
About TISS Mumbai
TISS, Mumbai will be conduction TISSNET 2020 in the month of Jan 2020.TISS Mumbai hosts the following 12 Schools, 6 Independent Centres, and 3 Resource Centres.
- School of Social Work.
- School of Development Studies
- School of Management and Labour Studies
- School of Health Systems Studies
- School of Habitat Studies
- School for Media and Cultural Studies
- School of Law, Rights and Constitutional Governance
- School for Vocational Education
- School of Education
- Jamsetji Tata School of Disaster Management
- School of Human Ecology
- School of Research Methodology
- Centre for Education Innovation and Action Research
- Centre for Excellence on Adolescents and Youth
- Centre for Lifelong Learning
- Centre for Studies in Sociology of Education
- Centre for Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policies
- Centre for Library and Information Management & SDTM Library
- Computer Centre
- Publications Unit
- Sir Dorabji Tata Memorial Library