Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS) has released the TISSNET 2019 Result after the conduction of Pre-interview and Personal Interview rounds. The TISSNET 2019 Document Verification will start in a few days. Candidates who are shortlisted have to appear for document verification in order to be eligible for admission. The documents required are educational certificates, EWS & category proof, work experience certificates, etc. Previously, PIT and PI rounds were held at Mumbai, Hyderabad, Tuljapur, and Guwahati campuses of TISS. Check more details about TISSNET Interview and Document Verification 2019.
TISSNET Interview and Document Verification 2019
Candidates who are shortlisted for TISSNET PIT and PI gets the communication on the registered email address. Aspirants must download the detailed interview form and need to fill for the further rounds.
TISS Interview 2019 Dates – Check the Schedule for the TISSNET Interview in the table below.
|TISSNET 2019||Important Dates|
|Mumbai Interview||05-15 Mar 2019|
|Tuljapur Interview||16-19 Mar 2019|
|Hyderabad Interview||25-28 Mar 2019|
|Guwahati Interview||01-04 Apr 2019|
|Final TISSNET 2019 Result Date||22 Apr 2019|
|Document Verification and Payment of Fees||to be notified|
|First Wait List||to be notified|
|Document Verification and Payment of Fees after the waiting list||to be notified|
|Closing of Admission||08 Jun 2019|
|Commencement of 2019-21 session||10 Jun 2019￼|
Download: Click Here to download Application Abstract Part A and B.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the last date to fill TISS DAF?
A. Candidates must access the DAF before March 31, 2019.
Q. Do I have to submit the detailed application form or take its print out?
A. You don’t have to submit the DAF online. Just takes its print out in PDF or Doc format and fill it manually.
TISS DAF 2019
TISS Detailed Application Form (DAF) is an interview form that needs to be carried on the exam day. Candidates can access it using the candidates’ login. It contains personal, educational, family background, the course chosen etc. DAF helps the interviewer to delve into the personality of the candidates. So, write genuine things that could really impress the interviewers.
How to Fill TISS DAF 2019?
Candidates must fill all the details in the Form carefully as most of the questions are asked form DAF only.
- Why This Course? – Try to relate your experience and qualities with the course you have chosen. For HR interview, look for skillsets that an HR needs. Thereafter, try to connect it with your passion, hobbies, experience etc.
- Biographical Sketch – In this part, write about yourself, then education, family background, achievements, career goals, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Work Experience – Even if you don’t have full-time work experience, you can write about internships, training, clubs, committees etc.
Important Documents to take on TISSNET 2019 Interview
On the interview day, candidates must take the following documents with them.
- Detailed Application Form – Part A and Part B
- Application Abstract
- Any 1 valid ID proof
- One passport size Photograph
- Educational Certificates
- Achievement Certificates (If any)
TISS Pre-Interview Test 2019
Candidates selected for TISSNET PIT 2019 must roll up their sleeves and start preparing for PIT and PI. The PIT consists of a Written Test in which candidates have to show their written ability skills. It is a 50 minutes test that needs to completed in 45 minutes. PIT can be further classified into two parts.
Essay Writing (Less than 1000 words) – In this round, candidates are evaluated on the basis of written & analytical ability, content, clarity. Candidates must write an essay as per their knowledge and viewpoints.
Topics are generally related to the course selected by a student. They are indicative and basic awareness is expected from the students. Candidates receive topics based on contemporary sociopolitical, economic, cultural and political significance.
Last year, topics as per given in TISS Brochure
- The linkage between employment in the informal economy and poverty.
- Challenges in organizing the unorganized
- Gender and informal employment
- International Labour Organisation and the rights of workers
- Steps to promote women in leadership positions.
- Strategies for surviving job loss.
- Hospital Privatization
- Indian Judicial System
- Medical System in India and topics based on social issues.
Short Case-Lets – In this round, candidates have to answers 4-5 questions on the basis of a passage. This evaluates students’ social awareness and sensitivity. Candidates must write answers carefully, the interview is usually based on this round only. This round evaluates candidates’ thinking and decision-making ability.
See the Sample question in the PDF file attached Below.
Group Discussion – In some courses there are Gd rounds. For the M.A. in Human Resources Management and Labour Relations, there is a group discussion round. In there, candidates get a topic and need to write a passage of no more than 200 words. Thereafter, participants have to the discussion to the same topic. Also, the invigilator collects the sheets before the starting of discussion.
TISS Interview 2019
After the completion of the PIT, candidates shall proceed for the Personal Interaction/ Interview Round. In this round, the interview generally asks questions on the basis of PIT round, or according to interview form.
Tips for Interview Round
- Be well-versed with the knowledge fo the course you have chosen. For example, M.A in Hr must read about India Labor Laws, ways to improve them etc.
- Prepare questions like Why you want to this Course.
- Be original and make sure that speak points which you can really justify.
Check More Questions Based on Course Selected Here.
TISSNET 2019 Merit List
Once the interview round finishes on April 04, 2019, TISS releases the final result on 22 April. TISS releases the list on the basis of candidates’ performance in TISSNET 2019, PIT, and PI.
|Pre-Interview Test/ GD||50||30%|