TISSNET 2020 Preparation – Candidates who have decided to appear for M.A Program in TISS institute must start their TISSNET preparation 2020 soon. TISSNET 2020 Preparation is not so difficult for the students who have already started or appeared for the national level management entrance test like CAT/XAT/CMAT. The exam is easy but the fewer number of seats in the course makes the exam tough nut to crack. Additionally, keep maintaining the accuracy to clear the exam. Focus on the general knowledge part to secure a good percentile in the TISSNET exam. Here in this article, you will find TISSNET 2020 Preparation tips and strategies to crack the exam.
TISSNET 2020 Preparation
Most of the candidates easily able to attempt the English and mathematics section in the exam. The section which troubles the most is the GK section. So, you must start preparing for this section as soon as possible. As the other two sections will be automatically prepared if you are taking exams like CAT, XAT, NMAT, etc. Non-Management exam students can also crack quant and logical by preparing diligently.
- Exam Mode: Computer-based test mode.
- Time Duration: 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Total No. of Questions: 100 questions
- Type of Questions: Objective type (MCQs)
- Marks per question: 1
- Negative Marking: no negative marking
Section-wise distribution of questions
|Subjects||No of Ques.|
|Maths & Logical Reasoning||30|
To download the TISSNET 2020 Syllabus, Click Here.
How to Prepare for TISSNET General Knowledge
It is easy to get 30+ in this section if you reading newspapers daily and tracking the latest news regularly. It is not easy to read and remember all the topics due to the vastness of the syllabus. What you can do is learn bit by bit daily and revising regularly. Chances are high that in the exam you get the idea of right answers after analyzing all the options of the questions.
Read News Paper Regularly
- To keep updated with the latest news, you need to read newspapers regularly. If you don’t have the time for the hard copy then download the news apps on the phones. You can read the newspapers in your meantime or in traveling time. Nowadays, you can also access the audio service of various newspapers.
- If you are following the news then read about it regularly.
- Note down the important event details like important dates, the name of the person in the news, awards, and honors, etc. These notes you can revise before the exam to keep everything fresh.
- You can read newspapers like The Hindu, The Indian Express, The Economist, etc.
- Download their apps or “In shorts” is also a good app to know the latest news.
- Pick any topic and access all the information related to it on the internet. For example, take one or two days and read all about World organizations.
- Take any static GK book and read important rivers etc.
- Read stats like largest and smallest, first invention etc.
- Make notes of them to revise before the examination day.
Books to refer for GK section
- For History, Geography and Science, you can refer the 6-10 standard NCERT’s.
- Economics, government policies, read magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan Special Economics Issue.
- For, Indian Polity, refer to Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth or The Indian Constitution by PM Bakshi.
- Read other magazines like chronicles, Lucent etc.
Check TISSNET 2020 Recommended Books, Frome Here
Reading a lot will not help if you do not attempt daily quizzes and test to prepare test this section. So, daily solve current affair quiz and practice questions from static gk as well.
How to Prepare for TISSNET English Proficiency
Preparation for these sections depends on how much you already know. This section does not require any separate preparation. Though you need to learn topics like idioms etc, which are uncommon in other exams. Those who have good command in English can brush up important words, grammar rules. Besides that, keep giving RC mocks to practice the same. For, candidates who need to prepare for TISSNET especially, then follow the given tips for preparation.
- All the topics written above can be corrected if you improve the vocabulary.
- To improve the vocabulary, read regularly. Pick anything which is informative and interesting.
- Try to pick new words and learn their context. Also, read their synonyms and antonyms. This way you will learn different words from the same word.
- You can also follow root word strategy for example with mal – you can form malicious, malfunction etc. For this, you can refer Norman Lewis, Word Power Made Easy.
- For idioms, read 10 of them daily. You can refer to a book like SP Bakshi or download the list of idioms from the internet. So, “go an extra mile” to boost your preparation.
- Similarly, for homophones, read 5 or 6 daily. Because like a wise man who knew everything because he used to learn new every day, you have to learn daily.
Click Here for TISSNET Previous Year Question Papers
- In grammar, there will question come in the form of sentence corrections and error spotting. So, to attempt such questions, you have to clear the grammar rules first.
- Read grammar rules form any book and start practicing the questions.
- Revise the rules after every regular interval to keep them fresh in your mind.
- Moreover while reading, focus on sentence construction and grammar.
- Reading comprehension is not difficult. As much focus on the exam is on vocabulary and grammar.
- Just practice 2 RC daily to keep a habit of attempting passages.
How to Prepare for TISSNET Maths & Logical Reasoning
This section has nothing to prepare separately if you are already done with quant, DI, LR topics of other exams. What you can do is just practice the type of questions that came in TISSNET.
- For, quant, revise and practice all the topics given in the syllabus.
- Same is the case with DILR, though only a few questions come from this section, you can practice the questions according to the difficulty level of this paper.
Candidates from Arts/ Humanities can buy a good aptitude book. Learn one topic of the syllabus every day. If there are 20 topics, then learn new topics each day. Besides that, solve at least 50 questions from each topic. Once you are thorough with the topic then start taking full-length mocks.
If you have any doubts regarding TISSNET 2020 Preparation, please let us know in the comments below.\