Every candidate set their eyes for admission in the best Institute but how much do you know about the Institute anyway? Various Management Institutes shortlist candidates for admission in MBA programme as per the score in the National/ State Level entrance exam. Likewise, 32 MBA Colleges are under TANCET. So admission to these colleges will be as per their performance in the entrance examination. Take a look at the top colleges under TANCET and the colleges which accept the TANCET score for MBA Admission.
Did You Know?
The Anna University has been ranked 28 with a score of 50.28 as per NIRF Ranking 2018.
Participating MBA Colleges Under TANCET
The following colleges are participating in TANCET MBA 2018. Candidates who are interested in taking TANCET MBA 2018 can check for these and apply accordingly.
|S.No.||Name of the Institute|
|1||PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore|
|2||Galaxy Institute of Management, Chennai|
|3||Thiagarajar School of Management, Thirupparankundram|
|4||Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore|
|5||St. Joseph College of Engineering, Kancheepuram|
|6||Nehru College of Management (NCM Coimbatore)|
|7||Velammal Engineering College, Chennai|
|8||Sri Sai Ram Institute of Management Studies, Chennai|
|9||Sona School of Management, Salem|
|10||Kongu Engineering College, Erode|
|11||Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam|
|12||MEPCO Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi|
|13||Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International School of Textile Management, Coimbatore|
|14||Erode Builder Educational Trust’s Group of Institutions, Kangayam|
|15||Sri Sairam Engg. College, Chennai|
|16||Vel Tech High Tech Dr. Rangarajan Dr. Sakunthala Engineering College, Chennai|
|17||Sri Krishna Institute of Management Centre for Excellence in Management Education, Coimbatore|
|18||PSNA College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul|
|19||Coimbatore Institute of Management and Technology, Coimbatore|
|20||Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women University, Coimbatore|
|21||MOP Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai|
|22||SSN School of Management and Computer Application, Kalavakkam|
|23||KCT Business School (KCTBS)|
|24||Francis Xavier Engineering College (FXEC)|
|25||Easwari Engineering College (EEC, Chennai)|
|26||JJ College of Engineering and Technology, Tiruchirappalli|
|27||GRG School of Management Studies, Coimbatore|
|28||Vinayaka Mission’s Kirupananda Variyar Engineering College, Salem|
|29||Guruvayurappan Institute of Management, Navakkarai|
|30||KS Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode|
|31||RVS College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul|
|32||KV Institute of Management and Information Studies, Coimbatore|
Top MBA Colleges under TANCET
Amongst these participating institutes, here is the list of top MBA colleges accepting TANCET MBA in Tamil Nadu.
- PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore
- Kongu Engineering College, Erode
- Sona School of Management, Salem
- Saveetha Engineering College
- GRG School of Management Studies
- KV Institute of Management and Information Studies, Coimbatore
- Happy Valley Business School (HVBS)
- Vel Tech High Tech Dr. Rangarajan Dr. Sakunthala Engineering College, Chennai
Now that we know their names, let us know all that is important for admission in these Institutes from their location to placement status. This may help you decide whether to go ahead for TANCET 2018 Registration or not. Here we have also added reviews of the students so that you can take a wise decision on choosing which College is best for you.
PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore
PSG IM is one of the oldest B-Schools in India, which was started as the Department of Management under the PSG College of Technology, in the year 1965, to cater to the growing need for management graduates in this region. The estimated cost of financing two-year full-time management program would be approximately INR. 8 Lakhs.
It has been ranked 40th by the India Today, 42th by The Week, 46th by Business Today for India’s Best Business School.
One of the core reasons why the Institute is among the top business schools in the country today is because of its decent placement record. The domestic salary offered for 2014-15 was maximum Rs. 11 lakhs, and Rs. 4.0 lakhs for the minimum salary. More than 60 students secured a CTC of 6+ lakhs p.a. Also, 60% of the students were placed in noon-metro/ Tier I-II cities.
Top Recruiters in PGSIM
- HDFC Bank
- Axis Bank
- ITC Ltd.
- Asian Paints
Kongu Engineering College, Erode
Kongu Engineering College is one of the foremost multi-professional research-led Institutions. The word ‘Kongu’ refers to a region of the southern state of India and the term ‘Kongu Vellalar’ specially means the agricultural community, predominated in the west of Tamilnadu, which was deprived of educational facility in those days. It is affiliated to Anna Univeriisty and the MBA programme was first started in 1994.
The Institute was ranked 35 by The Weekly for the top B-schools in South Zone. Also, it was ranked 120 by Business Today for India’s Best Schools.
As per the information uploaded at the Institute’s official website, 1388 number of candidates were recruited in the batch 2017. A total of 132 companies have visited.
Placement Status 2017 Batch
Sona School of Management, Salem
It is one of the top B – schools in India which offers admission in MBA with industry immersed programs in collaboration with leading industries. Also, the institute provides excellent placement including Global / Foreign placement and scholarship is given to the meritorious students. At Sona School of Management, you get to be mentored from the top Industries and academic bodies – including IIMs and IITs. The School is AICTE approved, NBA accredited, NAAC accredited and ISO certified.
- Sona School of Management has achieved the 42nd Rank among all the B Schools across India in Business India survey 2016.
- Achieved 54th Rank among all the B Schools across India in Business Today survey 2016
- The school ranked 10th among all the B-Schools in India under the category of “Outstanding B School of Excellence” and 2nd in Tamilnadu by Competition Success Review – survey 2016.
- It has achieved 22nd in over all ranking, 10th rank in placement, 7th rank in Return on Investment and emerged as 8th best B- school in south zone.
- The institute is recognised as “AICTE – CII Award for Best Industry – Linked Technical Institute in India 2015.
- International Highest Salary Package: Rs. 11.4 lakhs
- Starting Salary Package: Rs. 7.3 lakhs
The Top Recruiters for Sona School of Management are as follows:
- AMARA RAJA BATTERIES, TIRUPATI
- AMUL, CHENNAI
- ARUN EXCELLO GROUP, CHENNAI
- AVTEC, HOSUR
- AXIS BANK
- BNP PARIBAS
- CAREER NET, BANGALORE
- DATA PATTERNS, CHENNAI
- DBS, SALEM
- DECATHLON, BENGALURU
- EMPIRE SPICES
- EVEREST INDUSTRIES
- FACE, COIMBATORE
- FIRST AMERICAN, SALEM
- FIRST NAUKRI, CHENNAI
- FLEXTRONICS, CHENNAI
- HCL CHENNAI
- HDB FINANCIAL SERVICES
- HDFC ASSET MANAGEMENT, BENGALURU
- IDBI INSURANCE
- JANALAKSHMI FINANCIAL SERVICES
- JARO EDUCATION
- JUST DIAL, CHENNAI
- KARUR VYSYA BANK
- NABFINS, BENGALURU
- NETAFIM, CHENNAI
- OYO ROOMS, CHENNAI
- PLAY FACTORY, BENGALURU
- PRICOL TECHNOLOGIES, CBE
- RAMCO CEMENTS, CHENNAI
- RELIANCE SECURITIES, CHENNAI
- STOCK HOLDING CORP, CHENNAI
- THINK & LEARN PVT LTD., BENGALURU
- TTK HEALTH CARE
- VISTAAR FINANCE, BENGALURU
- VKC, KERALA
- WILD CRAFT PVT LTD., BENGALURU
- ZOHO, CHENNAI
The institute offers admission in Master of Business Administration (MBA) program in five specialisations namely Marketing, HR, Finance, Productions and Family Business.
The infrastructure of the School is well furnished with all modern facilities such as wi-fi campus, it has fully digitalized library, Blackbord learning system, moodle CMS and lecture capturing facility that put Sona as par with some of the few IIMs.
Saveetha Engineering College
The admission in Saveetha Engineering College is on the basis of TANCET marks. There are a total of 120 seats in MBA in this college. The college was started in the year 2001 by the Saveetha Medical & Educational Trust. The Saveetha Group of Institution is headed by Dr. N. M. Veeraiyan, a committed and dedicated Medical Professional.
- The campus is spread over a 120 acres of scenic beauty,facing Chembarambakkam lake on the Chennai- Bangalore National Highway (NH4).
- It is located at about 8 Km from Poonamalee township, the college buildings are laid out amidst a serene environment.
- The Circular Block has a built up area of 2,20, 000 sq feet, and houses Departments of CSE, IT, ECE, EEE, MBA & MCA, Administrative office, Library, Placement cell and Examination Cell.
The Saveetha Engineering College consists of a spacious canteen and well equipped laboratories with the state of the art computers equipment and gadgets. Separate rest rooms for boys and girls are provided in the college campus.The campus also houses well-ventilated hostels for boys and girls.
The placement status for 2018 batch is as follows:
GRG School of Management Studies
GRG School of Management Studies (GRGSMS) is a part of the GRG Group of Institutions in Coimbatore. The candidates are offered admission in MBA as per their TANCET score. The College Code for TANCET is 337. The college has a core team of qualified and experienced faculty, supplemented by eminent representatives of the industry as visiting faculty. Also, regular guest lectures by senior executives from industry and scholars from the academia are being presented to help students to learn the latest in management theory and best industry practices.
- The College has been ranked A+ by Business India in December 2016.
- It is among the top 100 b-schools in the country as rated by most rating agencies. Also it is the recipient of the “Best Innovative B-School in Teaching Methodology Award” and “B-Schools with Excellent Industry Interface Award”.
- The college has won the Silver Medal in the “AIMS WeSchool Innovation Award” contest in 2013.
The number of organisations visiting the campus for recruitment has been increasing and the job profile improving and the college has been experiencing good placement for its students every year. Some of the recent recruiters on campus have been:
- Axis Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- BNP Paribas
- Canara Bank
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Covai Properties
- Edelweiss Investment Banking
- Ford Financial Services
- HDFC Bank,
- ICICI Bank
- ICICI Prudential
- ICICI Securities
- IDBI Federal Insurance
- IndusInd Bank
- Karur Vysya Bank
- Kotak Securities
- Quadra.net Systems
- Reliance Insurance
- SCOPE International
- Sans Pareil
KV Institute of Management and Information Studies, Coimbatore
It is one of South India’s top ranked B-Schools based in Coimbatore. KV Institute of Management is a BSchool whcih offers admission in fulltime MBA course. It is located in Coimbatore and is considered one of the best colleges for MBA in coimbatore. Its MBA program has been ranked nationally by many magazines. The MBA program offered at KV is approved by UGC/AICTE. Anna University has given the Affiliation approval to conduct the following Degree Courses in Management.
The candidates are offered admission in the following courses:
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA in Systems
- MBA in Production
- MBA in HR ( Human Resource or Human Resources )
- MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management