NMAT is a management entrance examination which is conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). GMAC also conducts other management entrance exam which is GMAT. NMAT stands for Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) Management Aptitude Test. If you want to pursue an MBA, then you can appear for the NMAT examination. Students can check all the necessary information regarding the registration, result and test pattern given on this page.
Why take the NMAT test?
A candidate who is interested in pursuing an MBA or other graduate management course can take the NMAT test. Following are the four reasons why they can opt for the test:
- It is an admission criterion which is accepted by the leading management institutes in India.
- The test is designed according to the student’s convenience. They can choose a date, time and even location according to the student’s convenience.
- The students can send the test scores to the schools.
- NMAT also gets the option of sending scores of up to 5 programmes for free.
- In the test, the students can start from any section of the test. This means that they can respond to the questions in any order of the test.
- There will be no negative marking for the wrong answers.
What is the selection process for NMAT?
First, the candidates will have to appear for the written test of NMAT. The registration for NMAT 2019 starts in the first week of July 2019. Then the results will be released on the official website two to three weeks after the exam. The colleges that accept the NMAT scores will release their cut-offs. Candidates can then apply for any of those colleges and attend the admission process. It may include a personal interview and group discussion.
About the NMAT Test Pattern
The NMAT test that is conducted by GMAC is a 2-hour test. The type of questions that will be asked in the test will be MCQ type. There will be three sections in the test and following is the question distribution of each section.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Time|
|Language Skills||32||22 minutes|
|Quantitative Skills||48||60 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning||40||38 minutes|
Important points to remember regarding the NMAT Test
- The students have to answer the questions within the time allotted to each section.
- If the time runs out, then the student will not be able to get back to that section.
- The time left will not be carried over to the next section.
How to Register for NMAT?
To register for NMAT, the candidates can first log in to the official website: www.nmat.org.in. Then they have to fill the application form and schedule a test date and location. The steps that are given below will help the students register for the exam:
- First, go to the official website: www.nmat.org.in.
- Then click on the link “Register Now“.
- A new page will open. The candidates will get an option to register with their email/google/facebook.
- Students also have to provide the personal, educational and work experience information. Also, enter your date of birth.
- Then the students have to choose the schools to send their scores. It can be done under the section “Schools Preference”.
- Upload scanned photograph which will also be uploaded on the admit card.
- Then the test fee has to be paid.
- After the payment, the students will get the option to schedule the examination.
- The admit card will be available for download after the payment is realized.
The candidates can reschedule for the NMAT test only within 72 hours after their original date of the test. They will have to pay the test fees again for the rescheduling of the test.
Following is the test fees that have to be paid by the candidate to appear for the NMAT test. Includes the fees for retake as well as scheduling as well.
|Test Registration Early||Rs.2000+ taxes as applicable|
|Test Registration Late||Rs.2500+ taxes as applicable|
|Retake||Rs.2000+ taxes as applicable|
|Reschedule||Rs.1100+ taxes as applicable|
|Additional Score Report||Rs.2000 per score report+ taxes as applicable|
NMAT Test Retake
If the candidates desire to reappear for the NMAT examination, he/she can do so simply by logging into the website and going to the dashboard and clicking on the option that says “Retake”. They will also have to pay the test fees and schedule the test date.
The students are allowed to take the NMAT a maximum of three times during the years period of testing. No shows are considered as attempts.
NMAT Test Centres
The NMAT test is conducted in 44 cities in India as well as in 4 other countries that include Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Bangladesh, and Nepal. Students will get the option to choose the test centers after the payment of test fees. Following is the list of test centers where the tests are conducted:
|North||Agra, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Lucknow, Noida, Patiala, Varanasi|
|West||Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Pilani, Surat, Vadodara|
|South||Bengaluru, Vijayawada, Chennai, Kochi, Tiruchirapalli, Hyderabad, Manipal, Mysore, Vellore, Vizag,|
|Central||Bhopal, Indore, Raipur, Jabalpur|
|East||Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi and Shillong|
NMAT Test Result
The result for the NMAT test result will be released on the official website:www.nmat.org.in. It will be released 4-5 weeks after the test date. Candidates will be able to check the result by logging into the website. The students will also get a notification regarding the result declaration on their emails. After the percentile score is announced, the scores of the candidates will be sent to the schools.
The test score that will be generated will consist of a scaled score for each section as given below:
|Logical Reasoning Skills||0-120|
After all the candidates take the test, the final percentile for each year is calculated and announced.
Leading Institutes Accepting NMAT Scores
Today, the NMAT score is accepted by many of the leading management institutes. The list of the institutes can be checked from here:
- Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad
- ISBR Business School, Bengaluru, Karnataka
- ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad and other locations
- SRM University, Chennai, Delhi NCR Sonipat
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Woxsen School of Business Management, Hyderabad
- Mody University, Rajasthan
- GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
- Athena School of Management – Mumbai
- Alliance University, Bangalore
- Amity University, Delhi NCR
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- SRM University, Chennai, Delhi NCR Sonipat
- BML Munjal University, Delhi
- VIT University, Vellore
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
- BSE Institute Limite, Mumbai
NMAT Test Preparation Guide
NMAT provides its official preparation guide. Candidates can buy the guide from the Amazon as well as Infibeam. It provides 480 questions from the past NMAT exams as well as new questions with explanations. There are 625 practice questions for practice with answer keys and explanation. Candidates are advised to do their preparation from the official guide as it is curated for the candidates by GMAC itself. The guide will support the firefox, google chrome, safari and IE browsers.
The Institutes that accept the scores of NMAT provide the following scholarships for the students. They can check the same from below:
Athena School of Management
Gold Scholarship – 50% Scholarship for the students who score more than 200 in the NMAT test.
Silver Scholarship – 25% Scholarship for the students who score more than 185 in the NMAT test.
Bronze Scholarship – 20% Scholarship for the students who score more than 150 in the NMAT test.
BSE Institute LTD
- Candidates who score 180 and above.
- Their aggregate graduation score of 60%.
- All the applicants will have to appear for the personal interview round at BSE Institute.
- 20% tuition fee waiver – 5 seats
ITM Business School
The ITM Business School offers 20% scholarship on the academic fee at the university. This scholarship is for the students who score more than 160 marks in NMAT. ITM also offers 100% scholarship for the students who appear in ITM scholarship round.
ISBR Business School
Following is the scholarship details for ISBR Business School:
|NMAT Cut off||Scholarship Category||1005 Full Ride||50% waiver on tuition fees||25% waiver on tuition fees||Total number of scholarship to award|
|Score of 140 or more||Merit||5||5||5||15|
Jindal Global School
|For candidates applying through NMAT|
|50% tuition fee waiver||10|
|30% tuition fee waiver||10|
|20% tuition fee waiver||10|
If you have any confusion, then let us know in the comment section below.