The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is counted among India’s best B-schools. It is best known for its accountability and transparency. It is a sought after B school and holds a strong brand name within the industry and outside it, especially in certain Industries like Trade, where you will find IIFT alumni holding various top jobs. IIFT is a 53-year-old management institute which has a specialized MBA- IB (International Business). It has two branches, one in New Delhi and another one in Kolkata. Here you will get the best review of IIFT and why is this a good choice for the MBA aspirants.
About IIFT Campuses – Delhi and Kolkata
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was set up in 1963 by the Government of India as an autonomous organization to help professionalize the country’s foreign trade management and increase exports by developing human resources, analyzing and disseminating data and conducting research. It is the only institute among the top-10 business schools in India that offers an International Business program. This institute is also known as the mecca for trade.
Study Material for IIFT Preparation
Admission Process at IIFT
The admission at the IIFT Delhi and Kolkata campus is done on the basis of the entrance test. Generally, 50,000 candidates take the exam every year, and a total of 210 students are shortlisted for admission. The division in the number of seat intake, 150 in Delhi and 60 in Kolkata. The IIFT entrance exam is a little different from other exams as it has a GK section. The difficulty level of the IIFT entrance exam is a bit less than the CAT exam. During this process, each student undergoes 3 non-eliminating rounds which are – Essay, Group Discussion, Personal Interview.
Placements at IIFT
The Institute has always had a stellar placement record. The placements for IIFT Delhi & Kolkata are common and both the campuses get an equal shot at all the companies.
Talking about the placements of IIFT Delhi, the average package at IIFT Delhi is anywhere in the range of 17 to 19 lpa, however, as per the official placement reports, the average package of IIFT Delhi is 18.41 lpa.
What Are the Pros and Cons At Admission At IIFT?
Below we have listed down the Pros and Cons of taking admission at IIFT:
Pros of taking admission at IIFT
- As said earlier, it is one of the best B-School in the country and one of the finest in Asia, if you want to pursue a career in Trade. As per NIRF Ranking 2018, the Institute has been ranked as number 23.
- Organisations like WTO, OECD, World Trade Centre & European Union only visit IIFT in India for the recruitments.
- There are small batch sizes in IIFT and the number of opportunities that you get here are more than 100 B-schools. It is one of the best management institutes when it comes to Finance.
- IIFT Delhi has been winning the CFA Equity Research challenge nationally for 2 out of the last 3 years.
- If you wish to get into the e-commerce sector, IIFT is just the place for you. As per the latest placement report 2015, Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, PayTM, Zovi, etc have recruited in big numbers from IIFT.
- IIFT offers you an MBA degree instead of PGDM, which is certainly an advantage as the MBA degree has global recognition.
- The course curriculum is actually quite comprehensive covering a lot of subjects.
Cons of taking admission at IIFT
- The Delhi campus of IIFT is only 6.5 acres in size. Rooms are triple sharing in the 1st year and double sharing in 2nd year.
- Big names in consulting like McKinsey, BCG, AT Kearney, have so far have not visited IIFT. However, they don’t visit other campuses too at this level.
if you have any questions, then let us know in the comment section below.