XAT 2019 – The Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes. Every year, the exam is taken by around 90,000. The exam is a gateway to take admission in XLRI and other associated management institutes. XAT 2019 is a computer-based test of total 3 Hours & 25 Minutes. The Registration for XAT 2019 is expected to commence from the third week of August 2018. After analyzing the last year trends, we can speculate that the XAT exam date is January 06, 2019. Once the exam is over, the exam conducting body will release the official answer key. Further, result and cut off will announce to initiate the next round of the selection process. To know more about XAT 2019 exam dates, eligibility criteria, application process, syllabus, previous year question papers, cut off etc, read the article below.
Candidates who will clear XAT 2019 cut-off will receive the call from XLRI, Jamshedpur. Moreover, the selection process for other management institutes accepting XAT scores may vary.
Important XAT 2019 Exam Dates
Until now, there is no official notification regarding XAT 2019 on the official website. Though you can check the tentative schedule given below to track the upcoming events.
|XAT 2019 Notification||Second Week of August 2018|
|XAT 2019 Application Form Availability||Third week of August 2018|
|Last Date of Application Form||Fourth week of November 2018|
|XAT 2019 Admit Card Available for Download||Fourth week of December 2018|
|XAT 2019 Exam Date||First week of January 2019|
|XAT 2019 Result||Fourth week of January 2019|
Find the detailed information in the quick links below.
XAT vs CAT: What is the Difference in Level of Difficulty?
Candidates preparing for both the exams must be thinking ” What is the difference between CAT & XAT? ” The difference is based on the exam pattern, syllabus, type of questions and the test popularity. Once you know the difference you will able to plan your exam preparation accordingly.
Most of the candidates start their preparation when CAT is over. Before starting the XAT preparation you must know if XAT is difficult then CAT. Moreover, the basic thing you need to keep preparing for XAT is the general knowledge section. If you are updated with the latest events then not only you will able to attempt GK section but also Essay writing section efficiently.
XAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates before applying for XAT 2019 must check its eligibility criteria. It describes the minimum qualification, age etc, a candidate needs to appear for the examination.
- Qualification – A candidate must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university. The duration of the graduation programme should be three. You may also apply if you are in the final year of graduation.
- Age – There is no minimum or maximum age criteria for XAT 2019.
- Foreigners and NRI: Foreigners and NRIs with valid GMAT scores are also eligible to apply to take admission in XLRI or other associated institutes.
XAT 2019 Selection Process
The selection process through XAT consists of five steps as written in brief below. This is the process followed by XLRI Jamshedpur. For other XAT Score Accepting Institutes, you may need to apply separately. You must visit their official website to check the selection procedure.
- Entrance Examination – The first step to take admission through XAT is the entrance examination.
- XAT 2019 Result – The result will release in the form of percentiles. Along with result cut off will also be released by XLRI.
- GDPI Round – Choose the GDPI venue and appear for the same. XLRI opens a window to choose the venue and dates for the eligible students.
- Final Merit List – To take final admission wait for the merit list and waiting list released by XLRI.
XAT 2019 Exam Pattern
It is important that before preparing for an exam, you must know its exam pattern. It helps to know the number of questions, type of questions, marking scheme etc.
Mode of Examination
- It is a computer-based Test.
- All the questions are MCQ based except essay writing.
Duration of the Test
- The total duration of the exam is 205 Minutes.
- Part A has the duration of 170 minutes.
- Part B has the limit of 35 minutes.
- Each question carries one marks in the examination.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
- Moreover, for unattempted questions more than 8, there is a negative marking of 0.05 marks.
Number of Sections
|Part||Section||Total Questions||Time Duration|
|Part A||English Language and Logical Reasoning||72||170 min|
|Part B||General Knowledge||25||35 min|
XAT 2019 Syllabus
Before start preparing for XAT 2019, it is necessary that you refer the syllabus for XAT to prepare for it accordingly.
|English Language and Logical Reasoning Section|
|Para Jumble||Reading Comprehensions||Logical Completion of idea|
|Critical Reasoning||Poem based question||–|
|Situational Sets||Semi-Quantitative Topics||Analytical Reasoning|
|Analytical Reasoning||Data Arrangement Sets||–|
|Geometry||Inequalities||Profit & Loss|
|Heights & Distance||Ratio & Proportion||Permutation & Combination|
|Mensuration – 2D, 3D||Direction Sense||Mixtures & Alligation|
|Linear and Quadratic Equations||Calendar & Clocks||Time , Speed & Distance|
|Stocks & Shares||Logarithm||Sequence & Series|
(Last 12 months)
|Nation and States||Sports||International Relations|
|Awards and Recognitions||Economics||Merger and Acquisitions|
|Science & Technology||Literature||Business|
XAT 2019 Preparation Tips and Tricks
Here are some preparation tips for XAT 2019 to boost the preparation strategy.
- To hack this section solve the questions ethically. Keep yourself in the shoe of a manager before thinking of the viable solution.
- As there are not many books practice this section. So, you must practice the previous year question papers to get the idea of M question types.
English Language and Logical Reasoning Section
- To crack this section, prepare RCs having questions based on critical reasoning.
- Moreover, in XAT, there are poem-based questions also. So, start reading good quality poems and solving questions from the same.
- Try to make mental notes of important points while reading the passage.
- Remember that grammar is a continuous process. If you only re-read grammar book, then at one point you will get bored. Thus, instead of it, pick a piece of interesting reading material. There look at the use of grammar, note if you find something new.
XAT Question Papers: Click Here to check XAT previous year question papers from 2010 to 2018.
- Pay attention to the concepts. If you understand them thoroughly then you will not have a problem attempting questions in the paper.
- In the Data Interpretation, focus on graphs more. Many times questions are asked from graphs only. In the last year exam, there was a question on Games and Tournaments also. So, prepare this topic as well.
Do You Know?
Marks of general knowledge section and essay writing section does not count in calculating cut-off. Though they have weightage while preparing the final merit list. So, it is necessary that you prepare for Essay Writing and GK also.
Best Books for XAT 2019
You can refer to these recommended books for XAT 2019 to kickstart the preparation.
|Target XAT Simplified||Disha Experts||Buy Here|
|Jabbing the XAT with solved papers||R.K Jha||Buy Here|
|XAT XLRI – MBA Entrance exam A/4||Chandresh Agarwal||Buy Here|
|Koncepts of number for XAT and other quantitative exams||Gajendra Kumar||Buy Here|
|XAT entrance test for MBA examination||Gautam Puri||Buy Here|
|The hand on guide to analytical reasoning and logical reasoning: Resource for the aspirants of XAT||Peeyush Bhardwaj||Buy Here|
|Data Interpretation||Arun Sharma||Buy Here|
|Quantitative aptitude for XAT||Arun Sharma||Buy Here|
|Verbal ability for XAT||Ajay Singh||Buy Here|
|Verbal ability and reading Comprehension||Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyaya||Buy Here|
|General Knowledge||Manohar Panday||Buy Here|
XAT 2019 Application Form
Candidates who are interested in XAT 2019 need to complete the registration process. It includes various steps like entering mandatory information, uploading of digital documents and payment of fees. The precise steps for XAT 2019 registration are available in pointers below.
- First of all, access the registration link for XAT 2019. Fill the basic information asked in the form carefully especially Email Id.
- Then, you will receive the confirmation on the registered email id containing the XAT id and password.
- After that, you can access the registration form using the login credentials. You have to enter the personal, educational and work experience details in the form.
- You can fill the form in multiple sessions before the last date of registration.
- Finally, upload the photograph & signature and pay the application fee.
- In last, you can download the soft copy of the XAT registration form.
“Keep the XAT Id and Password to access the XAT 2019 registration form, admit card, result etc”
What if you do not receive the XAT Id and Password?
Candidates must check the Junk/Spam mail once. If login credential is there then make “[email protected]” as trusted sources in the anti-Spam software of your email. If it is still no there, you can write at the given email id between 08.00 a.m. and 08.00 p.m. You may receive the revert within 48 hours of requesting a query.
XAT 2019 Application Fee
The application form for XAT 2019 is not complete without the successful submission of the applicable fee. It is necessary that you pay the fee and complete the registration process. Candidates have the option to pay the fees through Credit Card, Debit Card, Online Banking, Demand Draft and Cash Payment. Until now we do not have an official fee structure for XAT 2019. So, from previous year data, we can expect the exam fee as given below.
|XAT 2019||Registration Fee||Course Fee|
|Without Late Registration||Rs 1650/-||Rs 300/- for each course|
|Late Registration||Rs 2000/-||Rs 500/- for each course|
Cash Mode: You need to download the Challan Form online. Then, visit nearest IDBI Bank and complete the payment process. You will receive a candidate’s copy of the challan. The Bank Shall keep the bank’s copy for the record.
Demand Draft: You have to make a Demand draft from any bank and then visit the XAT login page. Then, update the DD details like DD Number, Date and Bank Name etc in the form.
XAT 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for XAT 2019 will release two weeks before the exam date. You will able to download the admit card from the official website. Aspirants need to enter the XAT registration id and password to access the same. It will contain the candidates roll number and other important details. It will help the invigilator to validate your identity. Moreover, check the test venue and timing details on the admit card carefully.
On the day of the examination, you have to carry the valid admit card along with the photo identification proof. In addition, paste the recent colored passport size photograph on it. Most importantly, reach the exam center atleast one hour before the test timings. Co-operate with the test administrator during document verification and biometric process.
XAT 2019 Exam Centers
XAT takes place in total 47 cities of India and two international cities. They are Kathmandu and Dubai. We can expect that in XAT 2019 the number of cities will remain the same. The cities in which exam takes place are available in the table below.
XAT 2019 Result
The result for XAT 2019 will release two to three weeks after the conduction of entrance test. You will need XAT Id and Password to download the Result. The result will available in the form of a scorecard. It will contain your overall and individual scores of all the section. The general awareness section will not be added while calculating the final percentile. You will only able to check the scores for this section.
Further, XLRI Jamshedpur will release the cut-off to invite candidates for the next round. On the basis of it, you will able to attend the GDPI process for XLRI. Other institutes will intimate the same according to the procedure or cut-off set by them. It is advisable that you visit the website of respective institutes to check their selection process.
XAT 2019 Cut off
XLRI releases the cut off for all the students. It will specify the minimum marks required to appear for the next round. From the previous year cut off given below, you can take the idea of XLRI cut-off in general.
Academic Session 2018-19
|XAT Exam||BM (Male/Female)||HR||GMP|
|VA||79.46/ 75||76.6/ 75||–|
|DM||76.84/ 75||71.628/ 70||–|
|QA||88.7/ 80||70.07/ 65||–|
Academic session 2017-18
|XAT Exam (%ile)||BM||HR||GMP|
Academic session 2016-18
|XAT Exam (%ile)||BM||HR||GMP|
Academic session 2015-17, 2014-16, 2013-15
|XAT Exam(in %ile)||BM||HR||GMP|
|2015 OA cutoff||94.23||90.04||67.98|
|2014 OA cutoff||94||88||90|
|2013 OA cutoff||94||88||88|
XAT 2019 Group Discussion & Personal Interview Slot booking
Candidates who have cleared the written round have to appear for GDPI round. In the GDPI slot booking window, you have to choose the slots for this round. Thus, select GDPI dates and venue to attend the selection process.
In this round, you have to show your communication, academic, teamwork skills etc to impress the panel of judges. Moreover, they will see candidate passion, hobbies, extra-curricular etc to assess if he/she is able to survive the MBA life. The GD will be at maximum 30 minutes long. Moreover, the interview can take 5 to 45 minutes. It is possible that next year, instead of GD there is some group activity, interview forms etc can be there.
XAT 2019 Final Result
Once the GDPI process is over, the final result will release within two to three weeks. After a few days, you will able to check result on the website. Students need to enter XAT Id and Course Name to know the qualifying status. You will either see “Selected” or your name in “Waiting List“. The aspirants not able to clear the GDPI round will not find their name in either of the lists.
Further, the final admission will take place after completing the college formalities and submission of the course fee. The waiting list may go on till 300 candidates. So, it all depends on the admission taken by the students in the first list.
List of Top MBA Colleges Accepting XAT Score
Here is the list of best Indian colleges accepting XAT score for admission in management courses. The list is according to the college popularity, placements, and students reviews.
- XLRI, Jamshedpur
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
- XIM, Bhubaneswar
- IMT, Ghaziabad
- GIM, Goa
- TAPMI, Manipal
- Great Lakes, Chennai/ Gurgaon
- MICA, Ahmedabad
- FORE, New Delhi
- KJ Somaiya, Mumbai
Official Website: www.xatonline.in