The XLRI- Xavier School of Management will conduct the XAT 2020 on behalf of XMRI (Xavier Association of Management Institutes). The Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT 2020) is a national level entrance test which is held every year. It has been more than 60 years that XLRI is conducting XAT at all India level to select the most appropriate students for management education. The score for XAT is used for admission in 150 management institutions. The registration for XAT 2020 shall start by the second week of August 2020 at xatonline.in. The candidates can also apply through GMAT scores.
XAT is a computer-based test which will consist of two parts, Part A will consist of MCQ questions from topics such as English Language and Logical Reasoning, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability, whereas, the second part consists of General Knowledge and Essay writing. Check more details about XAT 2020 from this page.
XLRI offers the management courses for different streams that are- Business Management, General Management Programme, Global Business Management, Human Resource Management. For more details regarding the XAT 2020 candidate can check the below-mentioned schedule-
|Release date of XAT 2020 Notification||02nd week of Aug 2019|
|Start Date of XAT 2020 Registration||03rd week of Aug 2019|
|Last Date of XAT 2020 Registration||Fourth week of Nov 2019|
|Release Date of XAT 2020 Admit Card||Fourth week of Dec 2019|
|Examination Date of XAT 2020||First week of Jan 2020|
|Declaration Date of XAT 2020||First week of Jan 2020|
XAT 2020 Exam Pattern
It is important for the candidate to know about the exam pattern for the preparation of the XAT 2020 examination. This below mentioned exam pattern is based on the last year examination pattern. Exam Pattern details are given below-
1. Mode of Examination- Computer Based ( Online Mode)
2. Question Types- MCQ ( Multiple Choice Questions)
3. Examination Timing- The total duration of the XAT 2020 exam will be 205 Minutes.
4. Marking Scheme
- Each question will carry one marks.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
- For unattempted questions more than 12, there will be a negative marking of 0.05 marks
5. Number of Sections and timing
|Parts||Sections||Total Number of Questions||Time Duration|
|Part A||English Language and Logical Reasoning||72||170 min|
|Part B||General Knowledge||25||35 min|
XAT 2020 Syllabus
For cracking the XAT 2020 examination candidate need to know the XAT 2020 Syllabus for the preparation of the examination. XLRI releases the XAT 2020 syllabus. This below-mentioned syllabus is based on the last year examination syllabus.
- Verbal and Logical Ability- Jumbled paragraph, Reading comprehension, Vocabulary, Para Jumble, Critical Reasoning, Sentence correction, Completion of sentences, Fill in the blanks with a suitable answer
- Decision Making- Conditions and Grouping Test, Data Arrangement Test, Complex, Decision Making in a situation, Case lets.
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation- Geometry, Probability, Algebraic Function, Mensuration-2D and 3D, Speed and Distance, Statistics, Table, Trigonometry, Graphs, Arithmetic, Heights and Distance, Direction sense and Time, Clocks, Data Interpretation
- General Knowledge- Politics, Nation and states, History, Literature, Sports, Awards and Recognitions, Business, Economics, International Relations, Society, Merger, and Acquisition.
- Essays- The essays given on social and economic events will come in the examination.
Preparation Tips for XAT 2020
Before giving the examination candidate need to do the planning for preparation of the examination. XAT examination consists of different sections like Quantitative Ability, English Language & Logical Reasoning, Decision Making, GK, Essay according to these sections candidate should prepare for the XAT 2020 examination.
How To Prepare for XAT 2020 Examination
Candidate can follow the below mentioned XAT 2020 preparation tips-
- Notes Making- For studying candidate need the study material but in the study material, every topic is given in vast so candidate should make notes for the particular subjects this will help the candidates for the preparation of the exam.
- Time Table- Before the exam, preparation candidate should make the timetable this will help the candidate to make the estimate that which particular subject will take more or less time and from the timetable candidate can occupy the time in an efficient manner.
- Section wise Preparation- Candidate firstly go through the exam pattern before starting the preparation for the examination and candidate should see the details regarding the different section and in which of the section candidate is having more interest should start preparing for that section first. Likewise, for the English Language section candidate should read the new dictionary word. For logical reasoning, section candidate needs to focus on the tricks that are used for solving the questions. For GK section candidates should read the newspaper and should see the news and should read the current affairs.
- Mock Test: After the preparation of different section candidate should give the mock test this will help you out for checking your performance and building up your confidence. By giving the mock test candidate can judge itself that it which question or in which subject he/she should need to prepare more. Candidate should give the mock tests at a regular interval this will help the candidate to know that where he/she is lacking.
XAT 2020 Important Books
Candidate can refer to the below-mentioned books for XAT 2020 preparation-
|Books Name For XAT 2020||Link to Buy|
Wiley’s ExamXpert XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test)
Verbal Ability & Comprehension for XAT
XAT (Solved Papers 2008-2018) 2019
Target XAT 2018 (Past Papers 2005 – 2017 + 5 Mock Tests)
Jabbing the XAT Mock Tests & Solved Papers
XAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates before applying for XAT 2020 must check the eligibility criteria. Below mentioned eligibility criteria are based on the last year details. Candidates who will full fill all the Eligibility Criteria that candidate can apply for the XAT 2020 examination.
- Age – There will be no age criteria for XAT 20120
- Qualification – Candidate should have the bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university. The duration of the graduation programme should be three. You may also apply if you are in the final year of graduation.
- Foreigners and NRI: Foreigners and NRIs with valid GMAT scores are also eligible for taking admission in XLRI or other associated institutes.
XAT 2020 Application Form
For appearing in the examination it is necessary for the candidates to register for the examination by filling the application form from the online mode. After releasing of the XAT 2020 application form candidate can fill the application from the XAT 2020 official website. Candidates need to fill the application form in the correct way and should mention the valid details. After the final submission of the Application Form candidate cannot edit or correct the submitted application form.
The below-mentioned application fee is based on the last year application fee details.
|Events||Registration Fee||Course Fee|
|Without Late Registration Fee||Rs 1650/-||Rs 300/- for each course|
|Late Registration Fee||Rs 2000/-||Rs 500/- for each course|
XAT 2020 Admit Card
The candidate who will successfully register the application form for that candidates only admits card will get released at the official site of the XAT 2020. Is will be mandatory for the candidates to bring their admit card and one valid ID proof (Adhar Card, Pan Card, Passport, Voter ID Card) on the day of the examination.
How to download XAT Admit Card 2020
For downloading the admit card candidate can follow the steps given below-
- Firstly visit the official site of the XAT 2020.
- Click at the link in which XAT 2020 Admit Card is mentioned.
- Login by entering the asked details.
- Click on the submit button.
- After clicking on the submit button candidate’s admit card page will get open.
- Download option will be there by clicking on the download option candidate can download his/her admit card.
- Take a print of the admit card as it is mandatory for the candidates to bring the hard copy of the admit card on the day of the examination.
XAT 2020 Selection Process
The candidate who will qualify in the first round will be selected for the 2nd round and the candidate who will qualify all rounds for that candidate’s final merit list will be prepared. Selection Process details are given below-
- Entrance Examination- The candidate who will qualify the examination that candidate will be called for the GDPI Round.
- GDPI Round- The candidates who will qualify the GDPI Round that candidate will be called for the PI Round.
- Personal Interview- Candidates who will qualify in the PI rounds for that candidates merit list will be prepared.
- Final Merit List- According to the merit list seat will be allotted to the candidates in the XLRI management institutes.
XAT 2020 Result
After the examination result will be released by the XLRI. Candidate can check the result at the official website of XAT 2020. The qualified candidate will be called for the GDPI Round. On the basis of scores of the candidate’s merit list will be prepared and on the basis of the merit list ranking seat will be allotted to the candidates in the institutes.
How to check Result
For checking the result candidate can go through the below mentioned steps-
- Firstly visit the official site of the XAT 2020.
- Click at the link in which XAT 2020 Result is mentioned.
- Login by entering the XAT ID and password.
- Click on the submit button.
- After clicking on the submit button candidate’s result page will get open.