XAT Decision making is an important section of the exam. It is a unique section in the paper. Moreover, unique in management entrance tests. Even more, it is important to attempt this section in XAT to clear the sectional cut off. It has around 25 questions covering 4-6 sets. The questions can be logical, analytical or numerical based. The basic rule is that you need put yourself in the shoe of manager to answer questions of this part. As the name suggests, you need to think about multiple perspectives before taking the final decision. Thus, there is no key and the tricks to attempt such questions. The one thing you can do is to practice previous year questions papers to get the idea of the questions.
1. XLRI has released XAT Topper Tips for XAT 2019 Preparation.
2. Students can Request Change in Exam Centre Until 30 Nov.
3. Select XLRI Additional Programmes and Submit the Demand Draft Until 10 December
XAT Decision Making Books
There are not specific books in the market to prepare for Decision Making Section. Thus, getting the overview from past year papers are a good source for practice. You can refer these books to get the detailed solutions of the previous year questions.
- XAT (Solved Papers 2008-2018) – Click Here to Buy
This is the book by Gautam Puri and published by Career Launcher. The book contains detailed solutions of the past papers. It will help you to prepare according to the exam pattern of the paper. Moreover, it will hone your skills to give your best in the test.
2. Jabbing the XAT Mock Tests and Solved Papers – Click Here to Buy
The book by Arihant publications contains 5 mock test and previous year XAT papers. It will help you not only to understand the type of questions but also prepare a large number of questions.
1. How to Prepare for XAT GK Section?
2. Target 2018 – Click Here to Buy
You can buy a new edition of this book. It will contain last year paper also. So, you will have the questions and solutions in hand while preparing for DM Section. The book is by Disha Experts, popular in MBA exam preparation.
How to Prepare for XAT Decision Making?
Preparing for XAT DM wholly depends on your thinking ability and how you are approaching a question.
- To hack this section solve the questions ethically. Keep yourself in the shoe of a manager before thinking of the viable solution.
- As there are not many books practice this section. So, you must practice the previous year question papers to get the idea of M question types.
XAT 2019 Exam Pattern
It is important that you know the exam pattern of XAT. It helps to know the number of questions, type of questions, marking scheme etc.
Mode of Examination – It is a computer-based Test.
Types of Questions – All the questions are MCQ
Duration of the Test – The total duration of the exam is 205 Minutes.
- Part A has the duration of 170 minutes.
- Part B has the limit of 10 minutes.
Marking Scheme – Each question carries one marks in the examination.
Negative Marking – There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
*Moreover, for unattempted questions more than 08 there is a negative marking of 0.05 marks.
|Part||Section||Total Questions||Time Duration|
|Part A||English Language and Logical Reasoning||72||170 min|
|Part B||General Knowledge||25||10 min|
If you need any help, please ask in the comments below.