Candidates preparing for Xavier Aptitude Test must be looking for XAT preparation books. It is a gateway to get admission in XLRI Jamshedpur and other B-schools in India. The exam is a computer-based test of subjective and objective type questions. The unique section is XAT decision-making section which requires a different preparation as compared to other exams. Moreover, XAT is easy to crack if you are already for exams like CAT, IIFT etc. The only thing you need to do is practice mocks according to XAT exam pattern. Most importantly, prepare for the general knowledge section as well to gain an advantage during the interview process.
1. XLRI has released XAT Topper Tips for XAT 2019 Preparation.
2. Students can Request Change in Exam Centre Until 30 Nov.
3. Select XLRI Additional Programmes and Submit the Demand Draft Until 10 December
What are The Good Books for XAT Preparation?
For the better exam preparation, it is necessary that you have access to XAT Decision Making, English Language, quantitative ability books. In the article below, you will recommend books for XAT Exam Preparation. Moreover, check the following things before you refer to a book for XAT Preparation.
- Choose the Latest Edition of a book
- The book must have all the topics of the exam.
- Topics are given precise and in an easy manner.
- Book has the sufficient number of practice and mock papers.
Suggested Reading: How to get 99+%ile in XAT?
XAT English Language Books
For this section, you need to improve reading comprehension skills. Reading & comprehending faster will help a lot to crack this section. Here are some books which you can refer to improve English language skills for XAT exam.
- Word Power Made Easy – Norman Lewis
- 30 Days To More Powerful Vocabulary – Norman Lewis
- How to Read Better and Faster
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension – Arun Sharma
- Mastering the Verbal Ability for CAT – Arihant
- Proficiency in Reading Comprehension simplifying the “Passage” for you – Ajay Singh
- Objective General English – S.P Bakshi
XAT Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation Books
Both the sections are combined in XAT. Moreover, you need good calculation speed to crack this section.
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT – Sarvesh K. Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude for CAT – Arun Sharma
- A Complete Manual for the CAT – Arihant
- Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency – Arihant
- Data Interpretation for CAT – Arun Sharma
XAT Decision Making Books
As such there are no preparation books for decision making. The best way to prepare for this section is to solve previous year questions. The section is all about your perspective in a given situation. If you want to practice the Decision Making section then you can practice from these books also. Click Here to refer XAT DM books.
XAT General Knowledge Books
The marks of this section are not included in the final percentile. Though this section acts as a differentiating factor during the preparation of final merit list.
XAT Practise Books
Here are some practice books for SNAP, where you will able to find solved previous year question papers.
- XAT (Solved Papers 2008-2018) – Gautam Puri
- Jabbing the XAT Mock Tests and Solved Papers – Arihant
- Target 2018 – Disha Experts
XAT Exam Pattern
You can check the XAT exam pattern from below. It helps to know the number of questions, type of questions, marking scheme etc. The number of questions may change from year to year.
XAT Syllabus: Check XAT Syllabus Here
- Mode of Examination -It is a computer-based Test.
- Types of Questions – All the questions are MCQ based
- Duration of the Test – The total duration of the exam is 03 hours
- Part A has the duration of 170 minutes.
- Part B has the limit of 10 minutes.
- Each question carries one marks in the examination.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
- Moreover, for unattempted questions more than 08, there is a negative marking of 0.05 marks.
Number of Sections
|Part||Section||Total Questions||Time Duration|
|Part A||English Language and Logical Reasoning||72||170 min|
|Part B||General Knowledge||25||10 min|