XAT 2020 Syllabus – XLRI has not officially released the syllabus for XAT 2020. However, last year XLRI made a change in the exam pattern and XAT syllabus by removing essay writing parts from the written test. XAT 2020 exam comprisesquestions based on decision making, verbal & logical ability, quantitative ability & data interpretation and general knowledge. Candidates need to cover the complete XAT syllabus 2020 for scoring well. The paper is for 3 hours I,.e 180 mins and approx 100 questions are expected to come this time. Check the section-wise XAT 2020 syllabus from the below.
XAT 2020 Syllabus
By observing XAT previous year question papers, we have produced the most relevant syllabus for XAT 2020. Without preparing for the exam, scoring well in the XAT exam becomes difficult. However, having the right material to study and knowing the exam papern & topics which are usually in the XAT exam will result in scoring well in the Exam. check the glimps of the syllbau from the below.
Sections in the exam are as follows:
- Verbal and Logical Ability- Jumbled paragraph, Reading comprehension, Vocabulary, Para Jumble, Critical Reasoning, etc.
- Decision Making- Conditions and Grouping Test, Data Arrangement Test, Complex, Decision Making in a situation, Case lets. etc.
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation- Geometry, Probability, Algebraic Function, Mensuration, Speed and Distance, Statistics, Table, etc.
- General Knowledge- Politics, Nation and states, History, Literature, Sports, Awards etc.
Click Here to Know XAT 2020 Preparation Tips
XAT 2020 Section-wise Syllabus
The paper of XAT 2020 Syllabus has 4 sections in total. Below you will find the list of topics that are important in each section. After knowing the XAT 2020 Syllabus and the topics that you need to know, preparation for the exam will be much easier. Let’s have a look at it:
Verble and Logical Ability
- Para Completion
- Para Jumble
- Reading Comprehensions
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Correction of errors in sentence
- Word usage
- Sentence completion
- Paragraph completion in the Reading comprehension section
This section includes question-based on the following and all the candidates are advised to think ethically right and keep your integrity up.
- Case Sets
- Conditions and grouping
- Data Arrangement Sets
- Analytical Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Decision making based on ethics
Situation and case studies are based on the following:
- Ethical Dilemmas
- Human resource management issues
- Finance management issues
- General Management issues.
This section includes diverse components and a variety of questions based on geometry and arithmetic. Read the topic given below and prepare accordingly. For this section, remember the basic formula used.
|Percentage||Tables and Caselets||Linear and Quadratics Equations|
|Profit and Loss||Probability||Surds and Indices|
|Ratio and Proportion||Critical Path||Inequalities|
|Variation||Averages and Partnerships||Logarithms|
|Time and Work||Alligations and Mixtures||Numbers|
|Time, Speed and Distance||Algebra||Mensuration|
|LCM and HCF||Simple and Compound Interest||Geometry|
|Pure Maths||Venn Diagram||Trigonometry|
|Data Tables||Data charts||Bar diagrams|
|Graphs||Pie charts||Data analysis|
For general knowledge, the topics are very vast but some of the important topics have been shortlisted for your preparation. check the topics given below and read the new article based on them, also, be active on twitter so that your current affairs knowledge is up to date.
- Nation and States
- International Relations
- Awards and Recognitions
- Merger and Acquisitions
XAT 2020 Books
All the candidates are requested to check the link mentioned below and buy the book which they need. Check the book’s index and see whether the topics are covered or not. only the book having all the topics from the XAT 2020 syllabus must be ordered online.
|Books Name For XAT 2020||Link to Buy|
|Wiley’s ExamXpert XAT||Click Here|
|Verbal Ability & Comprehension for XAT||Click Here|
|XAT (Solved Papers 2008-2018) 2019||Click Here|
|Target XAT 2018 (Past Papers 2005 – 2019+ 5 Mock Tests)||Click Here|
|Jabbing the XAT Mock Tests & Solved Papers||Click Here|
How to Prepare for XAT Examination?
For scoring well in the exam, candidates are advised to follow the points given below:
- Make Notes– candidates must write down the important points and formula used.
- Time Table – before starting the preparation, candidates are advised to make a schedule according to the time of per day. Select the topics as per your convenience and start the preparation.
- Section-wise Preparation- start preparation section-wise and try to compare previous year questions paper and analyze the weightage of the sections.
- Mock Test – After completing some XAT 2020 syllabus, try to attempt the mock test. Doing so will evaluate your preparation and you will be able to know what are your weaknesses and strengths.
About XAT 2020
XLRI conducts XAT exam every year for granting admission to the eligible candidates. Through XAT 2020l, candidates can get admission into 100+ B-schools. The exam is carried in online mode for 3 hours. Candidates have to answer the MCQs correctly as there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. XLRI is situated in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand India, having a new campus building in New Delhi.
Xavier School of Management, formerly known as Xavier Labor Relations Institute (XLRI). It is a management school organized in 1949 by the Society of Jesus. it is loacted in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand India. The institutes providedes under graduated and post-graduated couses in the management field. Candidates who wish to study MBA in XLRI mus apply online for XAT.