Recently, Xavier Labour Relation Institute has released the XAT Topper Tips on the official website. They have been available to help students who are preparing for XAT 2019. The exam will take place on January 06, 2019, in 46 cities all over India. The registration for which will over on November 30, 2018. The scores of the exam are accepted by XLRI and other 150+ B-schools. So, crack the exam, you can refer to the preparation tips by toppers who have cleared the exam.
In the official website of XAT 2019 (xatonline.in), candidates can check the list of videos by the toppers. All the videos are informative describing the test-taking strategies of the students. There are a total of 10 videos by the toppers of the year 2015 onwards. Check all the videos below taken from official website.
Preparation Tips by Neha Jagannath (2017)
#1. Tips to Crack DILR in XAT 2019
The Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning sections are considered one of the trickiest section of the exam. By looking at last year trends, DILR or Decision Making are one of the challenging sections. It is expected that upcoming sessions will follow the same lead. So, here are tips that you can use to improve your percentile.
Check: XAT 2019 Syllabus
- If you getting low marks/ percentile in these sections, then it is high time to increase your mock attempts. Solve questions from different areas and do them until you get hold of them. Try to learn from your mistakes and avoid them in the next mock.
- Reading the question correctly is utmost. So, whenever you come across a question, read it thoroughly. As missing any useful information can be dangerous. Since every question is different, you must make a strategy while reading it. You will develop this habit comes once you start practicing more and more.
- If you feel that time constraint is hampering your performance then, try to solve without time limits. After some time period, you can start taking the test in the limited time. Do not spend much in one question in the exam. Also, do not take more than 60 minutes to solve DI in the XAT exam.
Preparation Tips by Rajas Yeotikar (2017)
#2. Preparation Tips for Working Professionals
Usually, having a full-time job does not spare time to study and even more regularly. After all day hard work, it is difficult to gather strength to pick books and study. Still, you must keep in your mind that giving up is not a solution. Many candidates give up as the exam day arrives. So, never let your motivation down and utilize the free time smartly.
- Spare atleast 2 hours before or after your working hours. If you are cleared with your topics, then takes mocks frequently. On weekdays you can take sectional tests and keep full-length tests for weekends.
- Importantly, revise the mock after every attempt. Do not leave revision for later. Remember, quality of mock tests is important than the quantity of mocks.
- If you are stuck in one particular topic, then spend a full day learning that concept and solving questions from it.
Preparation Tips by Priyadarshi Dasgupta (2017)
#3. General Tips for XAT 2019
The XAT exam is still far away, after CAT 2018 you will have enough time to practice for XAT.
- Remember XAT is not time intensive exam. You will have a total of 180 minutes to solve the questions. Managing the time well, you can maximize your attempts easily.
- While solving Decision Making, try to give answers rationally. Don’t be too harsh or kind.
- For general knowledge, stay updated with the latest news. Along with that also read static general knowledge.
- Since XAT is an online exam, you must take mocks in online mode only.
- There will be no essay writing in the exam this year.
Read: Click Here to check XAT Previous Year Question Papers
Preparation Tips for Non-Engineers
#4. About XAT 2019 Online Exam
XAT is an online examination since 2018. It is conducted by Xavier Labour Relation Institute (XLRI) for the last 60 years. The registration for XAT 2019 was started on August 20, 2018. The admit card for it will release on December 20, 2018. The entrance exam will have around 100 questions to be attempted in 180 minutes. The four sections comprise English Language and Logical Reasoning, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, and General Knowledge.
In the exam, there is negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect question. Moreover, there is also deduction of marks for unattempted questions more than 12 of 0.05 maks.
Preparation Tips by XAT 2015 Topper
Top Colleges Accepting XAT 2019 Scores
- XLRI, Jamshedpur – Admission Open
- SPJIMR, Mumbai – Admission Open
- XIM, Bhubaneswar – Admission Open
- IMT, Ghaziabad – Admission Open
- TAPMI, Manipal
- Great Lakes, Chennai/ Gurgaon – Admission Open
- MICA, Ahmedabad – Admission Open
- FORE, New Delhi – Admission Open
- KJ Somaiya, Mumbai – Admission Open
Preparation Tips by Topper Paridhi Singhal
Preparation Tips by Topper Shreya
Preparation Tips by Shivani
XLRI Topper Speak
XLRI GD/PI Experience