XGMT 2019 Preparation – The candidates who are aspiring to take the exam in the month of January 2019 must start the XGMT Preparation as soon as possible. The exam pattern of XGMT is in line with CAT & XAT. So, if you are taking these exams in the upcoming session, then it will be a lot easier for you to prepare for this exam. The difficulty level of the exam is also high. So, it is necessary that you thoroughly do the XGMT 2019 Preparation. Most importantly, regularly take mocks to keep yourself adapted to the exam pattern of XGMT. To know more about XGMT 2019 Preparation tips and strategy, read the complete article below.
XGMT 2019 Preparation
Thr XGMT preparation can be done with other exams also. The only problem arises is we don’t know the exam pattern of XGMT. The number of questions keeps changing every time. Still, from previous year question paper, we can guess the paper pattern of XGMT like this.
- There are total four sections in the exam.
- They are Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning, Emotional Quotient and General Awareness.
- The overall time limit is 120 minutes.
- There are sectional limits also which changes every year.
- There is no fixed pattern of the order of the sections.
|Section||Number of Questions|
|Sectional Time Limit|
|Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||20-25||20-25|
XGMT 2019 Syllabus
Before starting your preparation, you must thoroughly check its syllabus. This way you will know which areas you have to focus on. First of all, you must analyze what are your weak and strong areas. This way you will know which topics you have to give much preference.
Quantitative Aptitude – Number Systems, LCM and HCF, Profit, Loss, and Discount, Percentages, Speed, Time and Distance, Time and Work, Simple and Compound Interest, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Quadratic Equations, Linear Equations etc.
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning – Caselets, Tables, Bar Graphs, Column Graphs, Line Charts, Number and Letter Series, Calendars, Cubes, Clocks, Venn Diagrams etc.
Verbal Ability – Reading Comprehension, Paragraph Summary, Para-jumbles & Misfit Sentences, Critical Reasoning, Paragraph Completion, Grammar & Usage etc.
General Knowledge – Current Affairs – National, International, Important Event dates, and taglines, History, Politics, Business, Nation and States, Sports etc.
Emotional Quotient – Situational, Case Sets, Data Arrangement Sets, Analytical Reasoning etc.
To download the complete XGMT Syllabus, Click Here.
XGMT 2019 Preparation – Quantitative Aptitude
This section requires that clear all the concepts given in the syllabus. Once you are done with the concepts then you can able to solve different types of questions easily. To prepare for this section thoroughly you can refer the Quantitative Aptitude Here. You can refer to the tips given below to improve your preparation.
- The major areas you must focus are Geometry, Number Systems, Functions, P&C, Probability and Data Interpretation. Solve basic and application based question of these topics.
- Give attention to the concepts, if you learn them then you will not have a problem attempting questions in XGMT paper.
- Whenever you learn a new concept, write its formulas in a notebook. Keep them updated and revise them daily.
- Take full 2-3 months to learn all the topics. This will take time but soon it will become easier to attempt mocks having miscellaneous questions.
- Don’t focus only on the tricks and short method. They can lend you in a trap. So, learn the theory first and then move towards learning short methods.
- Solve as many questions as possible from a topic. This way you will know how to apply formulas and concept to a question.
XGMT 2019 Preparation – DI & LR
This section is the combination of two areas. So, you need to excel in both the topics to get good percentile in the exam. You can read about Data Interpretation and Logical reasoning Preparation Here. You can read the tips below to improve your DILR preparation.
- To prepare for this section, you need to get comfortable with big calculation and analysis of the data.
- In the graph, pie charts type questions apart from checking pictorial information read the question also. There are some parameters that are not shown in the picture.
- Get comfortable with fraction to percentage conversion and vice versa. For this, learn the fraction until the number 20. You should be quick to convert 1/3 to 33.33%.
- Apart from that, learn tables, squares, cubes, square roots until 20 natural numbers.
- This section will become easy once you are done basics of each topic. Logical reasoning questions are comparatively easy if you are able to grasp the logic behind the question. This will come only after the repeated and strenuous practice.
- Thoroughly practice questions like clocks, calendars, and directions as they are easy to crack in the exam.
- Practise previous year question papers or online test daily.
- Read all the statements in these sets carefully as missing any options will result in blunder. Moreover, you will lose much of the precious time in the exam.
- In the question, do not assume anything and rely only on the given information.
- Give maximum 5-7 to a question, if you are not able to understand it, then move forward to attempt next question.
XGMT 2019 Preparation – Verbal Ability
To prepare for this section you must read newspapers regularly. This way you will not improve only reading, vocabulary, and grammar but also general knowledge. So, make this a habit as soon as possible.
- First of all, develop a habit of reading magazines or newspapers. You can also read informative articles or blogs on psychology, politics etc. Besides this, also start noticing the time in which you are able to read and understand a complete article. With time try to reduce the time because in order to save time you must read faster. This will help you a lot to while attempting reading comprehension passages.
- While reading a passage create a map of the important points of each paragraph in your mind. This way you will know from which paragraph you can find the answer to a question.
- Learn all the parts of speech. Like nouns, pronouns, adjective etc.
- Pay attention to verbs and its parts like transitive and intransitive verbs.
- After reading the rules, practice questions form it. Like this, you will remember how to apply rules of grammar.
- Moreover, there are high chances that you tend to forget the rules. So, it is advisable that you revise them atleast after every 20 days.
- For vocabulary part, read and learn new words daily.
- Use the learned words frequently either in daily oral communication or writing.
- Write new words in a dairy and revise them frequently.
- Learn the context in which they are used and read the proper definition of a word atleast once.
XGMT 2019 Sample Paper
You can now access the official sample paper available for XGMT 2019 practice by XIMB.
Official Website: www.xub.edu.in
If you have doubts regarding XGMT 2019 Preparation, please let us know in the comments below.