XGMT 2019 Syllabus – The XGMT is the management entrance test to pursue a post-graduate MBA programme at Xavier University, Bhubaneswar. So, to secure a seat in the university you must start your preparation as soon as possible. Thus, to give a boost to your preparation, you must thoroughly check the detailed XGMT 2019 Syllabus. It contains the important topics which cover all the sections of the test. The University does not release any specified syllabus for the exam. Even more, there is no fixed exam pattern for this paper. Still, we can prepare for it by taking inputs from previous year stats of XGMT. To check the detailed XGMT 2019 Syllabus, read the complete article below.
XGMT 2019 Syllabus
Though there isn’t any fixed syllabus for the exam, the syllabus is according to the pattern of CAT/ XAT Syllabus only. If you are already preparing for these exams then you will not have to prepare extra topics for these exams. Before moving forward let’s check the exam pattern once.
- There are total four sections in the exam.
- They are Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning, Emotional Quotient and General Awareness.
- The overall time limit is 120 minutes.
- There are sectional limits also which changes every year.
- There is no fixed pattern of the order of the sections.
|Section||Number of Questions|
|Sectional Time Limit|
|Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||20-25||20-25|
XGMT 2019 Syllabus – Quantitative AptitudeDownload Syllabus: To download the XGMT 2019 Syllabus, Click Here.
To crack this section, you need to clear the basic concepts first. After that, you must attempt sectional mock tests to practice miscellaneous questions form all the topics. The important topics of quant are given below.
- Number Systems
- LCM and HCF
- Profit, Loss, and Discount
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Quadratic Equations
- Linear Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences and Series
- Surds and Indices
- Permutation and Combination
- Set Theory
- Mixtures and Alligations
- Coordinate Geometry
XGMT 2019 Syllabus – DILR
This section is the combination of data interpretation and logical reasoning. You need to get comfortable with long calculations to ace this section. The topics to cover in this section is given below.
- Bar Graphs
- Column Graphs
- Line Charts
- Venn Diagrams
- Pie Charts
- Question-based on the combination of above topics
- Games & Tournaments
- Number and Letter Series
- Venn Diagrams
- Binary Logic
- Seating Arrangement
- Logical Matching, Sequence, and Connectives
- Blood Relations
XGMT 2019 Syllabus – Verbal Ability
For this section, you must read and practice a lot to improve the accuracy in this section. The common topics for this section are mentioned below.
- Reading Comprehension
- Paragraph Summary
- Para-jumbles & Misfit Sentences
- Critical Reasoning
- Paragraph Completion
- Grammar & Usage – Common Grammar errors, Sentence Correction, Confusing Words, & Phrasal Verbs etc.
- Vocabulary based question – Synonym-Antonym, Cloze Passage, Analogies or Reverse Analogies, Meaning-Usage Match, Idioms and Phrases, Usage etc.
- Verbal Reasoning: Fact-Inference-Judgement
XGMT 2019 Syllabus – General Knowledge
To prepare for this section, you must read newspapers daily. Apart from that read static gk also like names of famous personalities, who is who etc.
- Current Affairs – National, International
- Important Event dates and taglines
- Nation and States
- International Relations
- Awards and Recognitions
- Merger and Acquisitions
XGMT 2019 Syllabus – Emotional Quotient
This section is a lot more like decision-making section in XAT. So, you will take a decision based on the facts available to you. The questions generally cover topics namely.
- Case Sets
- Data Arrangement Sets
- Analytical Reasoning
XGMT 2019 Sample Paper
You can now access the official sample paper available for XGMT 2019 practice by XIMB.
Official Website: www.xub.edu.in
If you have doubts regarding XGMT 2019 Syllabus, please let us know in the comments below.